ARMED FORCES MEDICALCOLLEGE
ARMED FORCES MEDICAL COLLEGE (AFMC) was basically established in 1948 for post graduate medical education. An undergraduate course commenced from 04 august 1962 with an aim of introducing medical education in armed forces medical sciences.
AFMC MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
AFMC conducts allIndialevel entrance examination for admitting potential and deserving candidates in its various disciplines in its undergraduate programs.
AFMC MBBS COURSE DURATION
The duration of an undergraduate course at AFMC is of four and a half years following which is a rotating internship training of 1 year. The medical cadets will undergo medical internships at selected hospitals recognized by MCI. The course starts from 1st of august.
AFMC MBBS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The candidate should be a citizen of India. The candidate may be from Nepal or Bhutan or may be of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any foreign country with an aim of permanently settling in India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin can only be admitted after they acquire an Indian citizenship.
- Candidates should be unmarried and marrying during course is not permitted.
- Candidates should be declared medically fit as per the standards set by the government of India, ministry of defense.
- There are two categories of academic qualification:
- Passed or appearing 10+2 /equivalent ->a candidate should have attained the age of 17 years as of 31st December of the year of examination & must not have attained the age of 22 years. The candidate passed or appearing in 10+2 in CBSE/ISC/STATE LEVEL EQUIVALENT BOARD with minimum 60% in aggregate in ENGLISH,PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY & BIOLOGY taken together and not less than 50% in individual subjects.
- Passed B.Sc/appearing for final year B.Sc->must not have attained the age of 24 years. Passed B.Sc/appearing for final year B.Sc from any recognized Indian university with not less than two of the subjects PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY & BIOLOGY and has passed 10+2 with ENGLISH,PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY & BIOLOGY. The criteria for marks remains the same.
NUMBER OF SEATS
- Total number of medical cadets taken->130
- Reserved for SC/ST->10
OUTLOOK OF THE EXAMINATION
- Total number of MCQ’s->200
- Time limit->2 hours
- Total marks ->200
- Marks carried by each question->1
- Distribution of marks:-
- Biology 50
- physics 50
- Chemistry 50
- Intelligence, logic and reasoning 25
- English language and comprehension 25
Each correct answer carries 1 mark and each wrong answer will lead to the deduction of 0.25 marks. However there is no deduction of marks for un-attempted questions. Use of calculators , mobile phones, PDA’s are strictly prohibited.
SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION
The syllabus remains the same as that of 11th & 12th standard under 10+2 scheme/pre-medical/ISC/CBSE/any equivalent state level board.
The candidates selected through written entrance examination will be called for an interview at AFMC Pune to be held in the month of June.
APPLICATION FORM PROCEDURE
- OFFLINE SUBMISSION: The application forms are available all over India in selected post offices across India on the payment of Rs.250/- in cash only.
- ONLINE SUBMISSION: The online application is available in the official website. After the registration and entering of all the details, the form in PDF format must be printed and sent through speed post.
- The fully filled online and offline forms will have to be sent through speed post to Officer in Charge Admissions, Dean Office, AFMC, Pune-411040
DATE OF ENTRANCE EXAMINATION-1ST Sunday of May.
LAST DATE OF RECEIVING OF APPLICATION FORMS:1ST WEEK OF February
For further details please visit: www.afmc.nic.in OR www.indianarmy.nic.in/dgafms