Q. What is AIPGMEE Exam?
A. AIPGMEE Exam is an abbreviation of All India Post Graduate Medical / Dental Entrance Examination which is organized by AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences). This entrance examination is conducted for the admission to the Post Graduate programmes in Government Colleges in this country. Aspirants from all over the country appear in this examination. This is one of the toughest medical examinations in our country. Students from all corners of this country appear for this examination.
Q. What are the courses offered?
A. There are different Courses that are offered to the aspirants who clear the AIPGMEE Entrance Exam. Below is the list of courses –
Q. What are the Eligibility Conditions for all the courses?
A. The Eligibility Conditions for all the courses are as follows –
M.C.H / D.M
- Applicants must hold a Degree in MS / MD or DNB from a recognized University.
- For M.Ch course the applicants’ must hold M.S Degree in Surgery from a recognized University.
- Final year students can also apply.
- Applicants who are Medical Graduates should hold an MBBS Degree or equivalent along with minimum experience of three years in a hospital or general practice of five years.
- Applicants should have obtained 55% of marks.
- Applicants who are non medical Graduates will be considered for Sponsored Seats.
- Non Medical Graduates have to hold a Bachelor Degree Science or Arts or Business Administration or Nursing or Commerce or Engineering with minimum of 60% marks.
- Non Medical Graduates should have minimum of seven years of work experience in administrative position.
- Applicants with MBBS Degree are eligible with minimum of 55% marks OR
- Applicants with Masters of Science Degree or Masters Degree in any subject allied to Bio medical Sciences or Masters Degree in Nursing with minimum of 60% marks or Master of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree or Diplomat of the national Board of Examinations.
M.D / M.S & M.D.S
1. Applicants have to possess an MBBS Degree for M.D / M.S and BDS Degree for M.D.S course.
2. Applicants must have obtained minimum of 55% of marks for all categories and 50% marks for SC / ST category.
- Applicants should hold an MBBS Degree
- Applicants must have completed one year of Internship
- Should have obtained minimum of 55% of marks
Q. What is the Selection Procedure for all the courses?
A. The Selection Procedure of all the courses are listed below –
D.M / M.C.H, Ph.D and M.H.A
The Selection Procedure consists of two stages – Stage I and Stage II
Stage I – Written Examination
- Time limit for the exam is one hour and thirty minutes.
- Total marks allotted to the paper is eighty
- The question paper will carry eighty questions
- Fifty questions will be in the format of Objective Type Questions
- Thirty questions will be based on clinical / practical / lab which can be Short Answer Questions or Objective Type Questions.
- Correct answer will carry one mark
- One third of the allotted marks will be deducted for one wrong answer.
- Applicants who have secured 50% marks or above will be called for the second stage of selection process.
- Assessment based on clinical / practical / lab will be carried out for the selected students.
- The assessment process will carry twenty marks.
M.D / M.S and M.C.H
- Time limit will be three hours.
- The question paper will have two hundred objective type questions of MBBS level.
- Time limit will be one hour and thirty minutes
- The question paper will comprise objective type questions
- All total ninety questions will be there.
Q. What are the reference books for AIPGMEE entrance exam?
A. The reference books for AIPGMEE entrance exam are as follows:
- Anatomy – Chaurasiya, Tehalaka by Rajesh Prasad, Sure Success by Ramgopal
- Physiology – Ganong, Guyton.
- Biochemistry – Harper, Tehalaka, Lippincott
- Forensic Medicine – Pareikh, forensic SARP
- Pathology – Robbins
- Pharmacology – Tripathi, Goodman & Gillman, Katzung
- Microbiology – Ananthnarayana, Jawetz, Chatterjee
- Pediatrics – Ghai, Nelson
- Psychiatry – Ahuja, Sure Success Ramgopal, High Yield Psychiatry
- Ortho – Maheshwari
- Anesthesia – Sure Success Ramgopal, Lee
- Skin – Harrison, Sure Success Ramgopal
- Medicine – Harrison, Amit Ashish
- Surgery – Bailey Love, Sabistan Pretest
- ENT – Dhingra
- Eye – Khurana, Kaski, Parson
Q. How to prepare for the examination?
A. Preparation of an examination depends upon individual students. However, everyone who wants to crack the entrance exam follows a strict routine. Below are the few preparation tips –
- Study Material – Aspirants have to make a list of study material that he is going to follow. He should stick to that material till the end of the examination. Different books are available in the market and aspirants can also take help from internet. Or they can buy study materials from good coaching classes.
- Time Table – Make a proper timetable so that proper time should be given for all the subjects. Every subject is important and aspirants need to secure certain minimum marks in all subjects.
- Practice – Start practicing all the subjects. Every chapter and subject needs to be covered properly. Aspirants must practice the weak subjects more.
- Time Factor – Set up a time and try to finish one set in that time period. Time management is very important. This cannot be achieved in one day. A regular practice is needed to get things done properly
- Last Year Papers – Practice last year papers thoroughly. Previous years papers can be available in the market or in internet.
- Record – Keep a record of your answers. Check how many of them are correct and how many are wrong. This process will showcase the weak areas in which you need to work more.
- Mock Test – Mock tests are conducted by various coaching institutions. Students can enroll themselves for the mock test. This will enhance students’ time management very well.
- Revision – Always try to avoid last minute preparation. The pre days of entrance examination is for revision. A quick go through of previous years question paper is important. The revision of previous years papers should be done three times.
More Govt Jobs given below
Current trends indicate that Government jobs are being preferred again and due to two recessions back to back people are turning again for secured government jobs. Indian youth is choosing job security over high pay cheques. But do you know what are the most coveted and demanded government jobs in India. Obviously IAS tops the list , anyone can say that without a pause. In three years the number of students appearing for the exam reached an all time high figure of 4 lacs which is just double the number of students taking the exam 2 years ago.
Yogi Vemana University
At the beginning of new academic session, Yogi Vemana University, an emerging state university, has issued Date Sheet, Time Table and Exam Schedule. Now, candidates may view details related to date sheet on the web link below: –
About University: – The University was established in 2006 at the location of Mittamedipalli village of district Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh) in public domain to promote higher education at grass root level.
Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University
Laloo Nagar, Madhepura, Bihar
Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University (BNMU) is located in Bihar at Madhepura. It is a regional University. Time Table, Date Sheet and Examination Schedule have been announced by BNMU. Any one who desires for knowing any updates of these can click the web address provided below:
Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University (BNMU) was established in 1992.
B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University
Muzaffarpur, Bihar, India-842002
B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University (BRABU) is a prominent University situated in Bihar. It holds a large number of courses. It has announced Time Table, Examination Schedule and Date Sheet. Any one who wants to know any update from any one of these can click the web address given below:
About B.R. Ambedkar University (BRABU): Headquarter of this university is located at Patna.
Bihar Staff Selection Commission (BSSC) is firstly going to organize a Preliminary Test (P.T.) for recruitment. After a long time this type of test is going to be held in Bihar. So it is a millionaire question that how to prepare for this examination to compete and go for the next examination, i.e. main.
In this test total no. of questions is 150. There are 3 subjects,