Air Force Inter Technical Group ‘X’ Sample Paper
Subject – English
Directions (1-6): Fill in the blanks with the words given below—
1. It is as harsh as ……….
(a) Fatal (b) stone (c) fluid (d) truth
2. Paper …….
(a) Crinkle (b) clatter (c) crackle (d) screech
3. He belongs to the ……..of merchants.
(a) Team (b) throng (c) syndicate (d) congregation
4. I must stay here ……… such is my duty.
(a) That (b) else (c) yet (d) for
5. He plies ……..Mumbai and Alibag.
(a) From (b) on (c) between (d) through
6. Mohan and I ……..old school friends.
(a) Have (b) are (c) am (d) has been
Directions (7-10): Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it in the context of the passage.
Another legend is that on this day, during the churning of the seas for amruth, Lakshmi, the Goddess of wealth, emerged from the ocean. Hence on the evening of, Deepavali an aarti to the goddess is considered auspicious. Deepavali ends with Balipadyami or honouring of Bali. Narayana gave the boon to the king of the Underworld that on this one day of the year, he would be Devendra and rule the universe. On Balipadyami day people remember Bali Chakravarthy and pray for the kind of prosperity that existed during his reign. Exchanging gifts on this day is said to please the generous king.
7. What was the main purpose of Samudra Manthan?
(a) To find Goddess Laxmi (b) To get Amruth (Amrit)
(c) To wash the Ocean (d) Not clear from the passage
8. Gifts are exchanged on Deepavali—
(a) To show the emergence of Goddess Laxmi
(b) Because it is said it makers us wealthy
(c) To please Lord Bali
(d) None of these
9. Balipadyami literally means—
(a) To pay honour to Bali (b) The landing of Bali on earth
(c) The foot-mark of Bali (d) Not given in the passage
10. What is not true about Bali?
(a) He is known as Devendra for one day
(b) He is the brother of Goddess Laxmi
(c) He is remembered as Bali Chakravarti on Balipadyami day
(d) The reign of Bali is known for the prosperity among the people
11. ‘Give up the ghost’ means—
(a) Decide the matter (b) Pass away
(c) Day-dream (d) Depend on
Spot the error which may be in one part of the sentence (a) Or (b) Or (c). If there is no error, the answer is (d) i.e. No Error.
12. How he could (a)/ assist his friend (b)/ were his chief concern. (c)/ No Error (d)
13. Give one word for the following—
14. Past form of ‘stick’ is …………..
15. Superlative degree on ‘In’ is ………..
16. Synonym of ‘Objective’ is—
(a) Purpose (b) wide (c) subjective (d) Question
17. Antonym of ‘Restrain’ is –
(a) Prevent (b) obstruct (c) district (d) encourage
18. Find the mis-spelt word—
(a) Discriminate (b) jeopardy (c) Redress (d) perennial
19. Change the Narration—
She said, “How beautiful the rose is!”
(a) She exclaimed with wonder that the rose was very beautiful
(b) She exclaimed the disgust that the rose was very beautiful
(c) She exclaimed with joy how rose was very beautiful
(d) She exclaimed how the rose was beautiful
20. Change the Voice—
She will have written a letter
(a) She will have been written by a letter
(b) A letter will have been written by her
(c) A letter will have written by her
(d) A letter will have written by her
Answer these Questions:-
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion