This was the meditation place of Mahatma Buddha. After Mahbhiniskraman (escape from his palace) Mahatma Buddha came here and after a long period of meditation achieved true spiritual knowledge i.e. he was enlightened.
This sacred and beautiful place is situated about 16 km far of from Gaya. Gaya is a district town in Bihar and it is about 90 km far in the south of its capital Patna.
(3) Patna is the nearest international airport (Jayprakash Narain airport). NH 83 connects Patna and Gaya and the distance between Patna and Gaya is about 90 kms. So, one can go from Patna to Bodhgaya via bus. For this, a number of express and passenger trains run from Patna to Gaya daily. Many Buses directly go from Patna (Karbigahia bus stand) to Bodhgaya daily .One can hire car or deluxe bus from Karbigahia bus stand Patna.
Some important hotels, their addresses and phone numbers.: –
Name – Address- Phone no.
Lotus Nikko- Bodhgaya- 0631-2200790
Royal Residency- Dumuhan Road- 0631-2200124
Siddharth international – Station Road- 0631-2436243
Tokyo Vihar- Opp. Japanese temple – 0631-2201140
Tathagat International- Bodhgaya- 0631-2200106
Delta International- Deltamore Domuhan – 0631-2200854
Embassy- Opp.Thai temple – 0631-2200799
Sujata- Bodhgaya – 0631-2200761
Places worth visiting: –
This is a mark site where Buddha attained spiritual illumination or enlightenment .It is situated among lush green garden and at the bank of a big pond ‘Bodhisarovar’. The main temple is 54 m high and of pyramidal shape.The present structure is mixture of architectural style of different periods and cultural such as guptas and of later stages.
ago and are different in sizes.
The original temple was built up by emperor Ashoka in Third century B.C. Now a day it is a splendid place to tour and enjoy and for pilgirims it is centre for worship
This is a big pond. The sacred pond is in the west of Bodhi temple. It is said that before going to meditate Buddha took bath here .Now a day the pond is full of fishes and people feed them buying popcorns and other edible things.
Bodhi Tree: –
This is a sacred tree under which Lord Buddha used to meditate and got Nirvana. This is in the left side of the Mahabodhi temple in the complex. Splendid chaitya and stupas surrounds this Bodhi Tree. The original Bodhi Tree was destroyed at least 5 times and was again replanted. Sapling of this Tree was the fetched from Anuradhapur, Sri Lanka which was planted by Mahendraverman, son of Ashoka.
Vajrasana: – This is a seat under Bodhi Tree at which Lord Buddha meditated. This is made up of red sandstone. Now this is a platform around which there is a golden railing which is gifted by people of Sri Lanka.
Animesh Lochan Stupas: – Lord Buddha spent the second week after enlightenment here, it is people’s belief.
The Ratnachakarma or Jewel Walk: – Lord Buddha spent here the third week after pious enlightenment. Recently this sacred site is made up with brick platform and 18 lotus flowers,which represents the footsteps of Buddha as mark of the sacred spot.
Japanese temple: –
This beautiful temple is pagoda shaped under which there is a splendid image of Lord Buddha. There is a beautiful garden around this temple. This temple has very clean and clear Japanese style.
Thai temple: –
This is a shrine of bright colors on which there is a golden colored tile sloping roof. Here is a huge image of Lord Buddha. Around this Temple there is a lush green garden.
80 ft. statue of Lord Buddha: –
This is a recently made statue. This is a gigantic statue. This is a splendid statue around which there is a beautiful garden. Many religious monuments are around this statue. This was inaugurated by Lama XIVth.
More Govt Jobs given below
- Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Technician (Drilling), Foreman (Drilling), Assistant (HR), Assistant (Materials), Assistant (Accounts), Machinist
- Total no. of Vacancy – 145 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 20200 – 49300
- Eligibility –
- Madhya Pradesh Public Health Engineering Department Recruitment 2018
- Post – Chemist, Laboratory Assistant
- Total no. of Vacancy – 16 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 15000
- Eligibility – 12th, b sc
- Last Date – 10 Aug, 2018
- Location – Madhya Pradesh
GGRC, Gujarat Junior Officer (Field Operations) recruitment Application form Download July 2018 – 7 Posts
- Gujarat Green Revolution Company Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Junior Officer (Field Operations), Junior Officer (Technical), Software Engineer, System Engineer
- Total no. of Vacancy – 10 Posts
- Eligibility – post graduate, b tech, m tech, bsc agriculture
- Last Date – 27 Jul,
- Brahmaputra Cracker & Polymer Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Operator (Chemical) , Foreman, Operator (Fire), Technician (Electrical & Mechanical)
- Total no. of Vacancy – 19 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 14000
- Eligibility – 10th, 12th, b sc, iti, diploma
- Last Date –
- National Research Centre on Camel Recruitment 2018
- Post – Supervisor
- Total no. of Vacancy – 6 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 11500
- Eligibility – 12th
- Date of Interview – 28 July 2018 at 11.00 AM
- Location – Rajasthan