Formed in the year 1968, CIPET is an academic institution which offers knowledge based on Plastics. The full form of CIPET is Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology. Every year it organizes an annual joint entrance examination for the aspirants who want to make their career in the Plastics Industries. It is operated in 15 centres at Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Hajipur, Haldia, Jaipur, Imphal, Lucknow, Mysore and Panipat.
The CIPET offers the following the courses mentioned below:
- Plastic Engineering/Technology
- PG Diploma for Plastics Processing and Testing (PGD PPT).
M.Tech (Plastic Engineering/Technology)
- The applicant should have a under graduate degree in BE / B.Tech / B.Sc. in the fields such as Tool/Mechanical/ Production/Polymer/ Chemical Engineering.
- The candidates who have passed their post graduate program in Polymer Science or Chemistry and specialized in polymers are also eligible to apply.
- The applicant should have BE/B.Tech degree in Plastic Engineering or Polymer or Technology Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- The applicants who have cleared the Master Degree in Chemistry or Polymer Chemistry or Polymer Science or Physics are also eligible to apply.
- To be eligible to apply for this course, the candidate should be a graduate of 4 year long Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Plastics or in Tool Engineering.
- The graduates of Aeronautics or Polymer Technology or Automobile or Macaronis or Production are also eligible.
Postgraduate Diploma in Plastics processing and Testing (PGD-PPT)
- To be eligible for this course, the candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in Science (with Chemistry as one of the subjects).
- Besides these criteria, the CIPET JEE has an age limit. For M.Tech courses, the age limit is 35 years and for the PGD PPT is 24 years. Candidates awaiting results for the degrees mentioned above may also apply.
Structure and Syllabus CIPET M Tech/PGD PPT Test
The test is consisting of Two parts:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- The prelim is 180 minutes duration.
- It is a test of multiple choice questions.
- The subjects on which the questions are based are Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- The main examination duration is 120 minutes.
- It consists of more advanced questions on Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
The syllabus for the CIPET M.Tech/PGD PPT JEE will be from the syllabus of higher secondary classes and Bachelor’s degree standards, for each subject of PCM. There will also be general knowledge questions for the exam among a total of 100 questions.
How to Apply?
- The application forms are available in all CIPET centers.
- A letter need to be send for receiving the postal delivery, a demand draft amounting to Rs. 400 need to be send in the name of the concerned authority, and they will send back the application form, the candidate need to fill up the form and send it in a self address envelope mentioning the registration number along with a demand draft of Rs 100 for the general candidates, and Rs. 25 for the SC/ST candidates.
Important Dates (Tentative)
Date of Entrance Examination: First week of July 2012 of the year of admission
Availability of Application Forms: First week of March-Mid week of June, of the year of admission, 2012
Last Date for receipt of completed application forms: Mid week of June, of the year of admission, 2012
List of CIPET M Tech/PGD PPT Test centers
Colleges Accepting the CIPET M Tech/PGD PPT Test score
- The Central Institute of Plastic Engineering, Chennai
- Reference Books for CIPET M Tech/PGD PPT Test
- Strength of Material by Sadhu Singh
- Plasticity for mechanical Engineering by Johnson, Von Nostrand
- Metal forming processes and analysis by Avitzur
- Integrated electronics by Milman Halkias
- Engineering Mathematics by B.S .Agrawal
- electron magnetic theory-Sadiku
- Control system-Sivanandam
Coaching Centers for CIPET M Tech/PGD PPT Test
- Brilliant Tutorials
- Career Forum
- Engineering Made Easy
- Gyan Bindu Academy
- Pathfinder Academy
- Science Point
- Shar Study Circle
- Trump and Gates
- Vani Institute of Engineering and Technology
How and Where To Get the Results?
Candidates can check their results after the exam in the following website: http://www.cipet.gov.in/.
The scores will be valid for one year.
Contact Address for the CIPET M Tech/PGD PPT Test
Chief Manager (Training & Planning), CIPET – Corporate, T V K Industrial Estate, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032
Tel: 91-44-22254783, 22254784, 22254785
More Govt Jobs given below
Teacher Eligibility Test of Kerala (K-TET) Notification
Competitive Examination, to adjudge eligibility of aspirant of Lower Primary Teacher, Upper Primary Teacher & High Schools Teacher, is due in Kerala state. As you know well, after implementation of RTE Act 2009 any state of India is abided by common rule, while making appointment on teaching positions. All states have to organize separate Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), whenever teaching faculty required. Move to conduct TET was taken to improve teaching standard at primary level.
Application Stutus of MTS in ESIC Delhi 2012
As we know, ESIC New Delhi had issued a recruitment notification for the post of Upper Division Clerks (UDC) and Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in the Pay Band Rs.5200 to 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.Rs.2400 and Rs.1800 respectively. The total vacancies for both the posts were 204, Out of which 137 for Upper Division Clerk (UDC) and 67 for Multi Tasking Staff (MTS). Well,
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam 2012 Exam Schedule
Jharkhand Public service Commission (JPSC) has just announced the Exam Schedule for the Mains Exam of 4th Combined Civil Services. Candidates who have qualified in the Preliminary Test (PT) and obviously applied for this Examination and eligible to appear in this mains written exam can know the Exam schedule through the weblink given below –
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Schedule
This main written examination will be started from 25/05/2012 and it will end on 15/06/2012.
HPSSSB Clerk Exam 2012
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Board (HPSSSB) has just released a notification to find out roll number and Exam centre for the written examination of Clerk 2012. Candidates who have applied for this post and waiting for knowing examination schedule, roll number and centre of exam etc may know it after clicking the web link provided for this purpose like this —
HPSSSB Roll number and Centre of exam for the post of Clerk
Interested Candidates who have applied for this post and wanting to know the schedule,
HP State Combined Pre-Medical Entrance Test Notification
An announcement about HPCPMET 2012 has been made by HP University. As you know well that HPCPMET is common entrance test, which is organiesed every year for choosing eligible candidates for taking Admission in MBBS & BDS courses in Govt. Colleges and Private colleges of HP State. This year HPCPMET will be organised on 25th May 2012. Regrading HPCPMET 2012, applications are invited from Those who are between 17 to 25 years of age and completed 12th with PCB.