The best of the seven law institutes of India conduct an all India screening test on national level for admissions of potential and deserving candidates under various undergraduate and postgraduate programme. This exam is Common Law Admission Test better known as CLAT. This year also CLAT is held on a nationwide scale for admission to UG & PG courses for academic year 2012-2013. The examination is an entry gate to the seven best law institutes of the country making it tough and very competitive.
CLAT 2012 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- THE CANDIDATE SHOULD BE A CITIZEN OF India.
- The candidate should not have crossed the age of 20 years (22 years for the reserved category) by 31st of July 2012.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 from any national or state board or any equivalent board with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserve category) are eligible .
- The candidates appearing for 10+2 in year 2012 are also eligible.
- The candidate who will provide the Certificate of 10+2 by 1st October 2012 to be eligible for admission after entrance.
CLAT 2012 EXAMINATION PATTERN
The question paper will consist 200 Multiple Choice Questions related to following topics:
- Elementary Mathematics: 20 questions
- General English: 40 questions
- General Knowledge/Current Affairs: 50 questions
- Legal Aptitude: 45 questions
- Logical Reasoning: 45 questions
TIME LIMIT: 120 minutes/2 hours
There will be negative marking for every wrong answer.
CLAT 2012 APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- The application forms for CLAT 2012 are available from selected branches of Indian bank and State Bank of India and 11 national law institutes.
- The forms can be downloaded from the official website: www.clat.ac.in
- The application form can also be obtained by sending a request along with a DD of Rs.400. the candidates will have to mention the register number along with the signature behind DD.
- The CLAT application kit consist of OMR application form. The information brochure should be carefully read before filling up the form. The form should be filled with an HB pencil only.
- The filled in application forms should be sent to The Convenor (CLAT- 2010), The National Law Institute University, Kerwa Dam Road, Bhopal-462044(M.P).
CLAT 2012 IMPORTANT DATES
- Notification comes out: 2nd January, 2012 (Monday)
- Availability of application forms (SBI specified branches and All CLAT -2012 Member National Law Universities):2nd January, 2012 (Monday)
- Last date for sending the filled in application forms:31st March 2012 (Saturday)
- Hall tickets can be issued up to 14th April 2012 (Saturday)
- Examination of CLAT 2012:13th May 2012 (Sunday) from 03:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Declaration of result:28th May 2012 (Monday)
- Deposit of fees for students of 1st merit list:9th June 2012 (Saturday) by 4:00 p.m.
- 2nd merit list and reshuffling:10th June 2012 (Sunday)
- Deposit of fees for students of 2nd merit list 16th June 2012 (Saturday) by 4:00 p.m.
- 3rd merit list and reshuffling:17th June 2012 (Sunday)
- Deposit of fees for students of 3rd merit list 23rd June 2012 (Saturday) by 4:00 p.m.
- 4th merit list and reshuffling:24th June 2012 (Sunday)
- Deposit of fees for students of 4th merit list 27th June 2012 (Wednesday)
- Admissions close:30th June 2012 (Saturday)
- Classes commence:2nd July 2012 (Monday)
CLAT 2012 IMPORTANT CONTACTS
- Contact adress:The Convenor (CLAT- 2010), The National Law Institute University, Kerwa Dam Road, Bhopal-462 044 (M.P),
- Telephone: (0755)-2696965 /70/71
- Fax: (0755)-2696972
- E-mail id: Info@nliu.com
- Official Website: www.clat.ac.in
COLLEGES ADMITTING STUDENTS FROM CLAT
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juidical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Orissa (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
CLAT 2012 TEST CENTRES
- New Delhi
CLAT PREPARATION COACHING CENTRES
- PIYUSH LAW ACADEMY
- GOYAL ACADEMY
- Institute of Judicial Study (IJS)
CLAT PREPARATION BOOKS
- Grammar by Wrenn and Martin
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning by Panel of Experts
- Practice Papers for CLAT by Gaurav Mehta
- Study Package for CLAT & LLB Entrance Examinations by AP Bhardwaj
- Common Law Admission Test [CLAT] by HemaRaman
- Common Law Admission Test by Lal and Mishra.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE VISIT:www.clat.ac.in
More Govt Jobs given below
Teacher Eligibility Test of Kerala (K-TET) Notification
Competitive Examination, to adjudge eligibility of aspirant of Lower Primary Teacher, Upper Primary Teacher & High Schools Teacher, is due in Kerala state. As you know well, after implementation of RTE Act 2009 any state of India is abided by common rule, while making appointment on teaching positions. All states have to organize separate Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), whenever teaching faculty required. Move to conduct TET was taken to improve teaching standard at primary level.
Application Stutus of MTS in ESIC Delhi 2012
As we know, ESIC New Delhi had issued a recruitment notification for the post of Upper Division Clerks (UDC) and Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in the Pay Band Rs.5200 to 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.Rs.2400 and Rs.1800 respectively. The total vacancies for both the posts were 204, Out of which 137 for Upper Division Clerk (UDC) and 67 for Multi Tasking Staff (MTS). Well,
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam 2012 Exam Schedule
Jharkhand Public service Commission (JPSC) has just announced the Exam Schedule for the Mains Exam of 4th Combined Civil Services. Candidates who have qualified in the Preliminary Test (PT) and obviously applied for this Examination and eligible to appear in this mains written exam can know the Exam schedule through the weblink given below –
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Schedule
This main written examination will be started from 25/05/2012 and it will end on 15/06/2012.
HPSSSB Clerk Exam 2012
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Board (HPSSSB) has just released a notification to find out roll number and Exam centre for the written examination of Clerk 2012. Candidates who have applied for this post and waiting for knowing examination schedule, roll number and centre of exam etc may know it after clicking the web link provided for this purpose like this —
HPSSSB Roll number and Centre of exam for the post of Clerk
Interested Candidates who have applied for this post and wanting to know the schedule,
HP State Combined Pre-Medical Entrance Test Notification
An announcement about HPCPMET 2012 has been made by HP University. As you know well that HPCPMET is common entrance test, which is organiesed every year for choosing eligible candidates for taking Admission in MBBS & BDS courses in Govt. Colleges and Private colleges of HP State. This year HPCPMET will be organised on 25th May 2012. Regrading HPCPMET 2012, applications are invited from Those who are between 17 to 25 years of age and completed 12th with PCB.