Dharamshala is a famous hill station situatrd in Himachal Pradesh. It is a beautiful place as it is situated on the spur of the Dhauladhar range.
It is easily accessible to the snow line from here as compared to other hill stations. For its beauty it is called ‘Scotland of India’.
How to reach here:-
1. The nearest airport is at Gaggal at the distance of 13 kms from Dharamshala.
2. The nearest railway station is at Pathankot, which is at the distance of 85 kms from Dharamshala.
3. It is well connected by road.
PLACES WORTH VISITING: –
War memorial: –
It is built up in the memory of post independence war heroes of Himachal Pradesh. It is located near entry point of Dharamshala. It is 3 km far off from the main town.
Here is Dalai Lama’s HH headquarter. Here is presence of large no. of Tibetan community people. Here are Tibetan antiques curio shop and restaurants. Here is Tibetan institute of performing arts and handicraft centre. Monastery is a good place to see here. This is at distance of 9 kms from Dharamshala town.
Dal Lake: –
This is a beautiful Lake situated among forest of Deodar. It is at 911 kms distance from Dharamshala and 2 kms from Mcleodganj.
Cricket stadium Dharamshala: –
Here is a beautiful cricket stadium. Recently IPL matches are held here. Because of pleasnt climate to play here is a special experience.
Places worth visiting around Dharamshala: –
Chamunda Devi Temple: –
This temple is a famous one and located at the bank of river Baner. Dhauladhar muountain range is behind this temple. Here is sacred Shivlinga.
Kanngra is a town situated on the convergence of river Baner and Majhi streams. This is at distance of 17 kms from Dharamshala. This is famous for paintings, forts and temples. This was the capital of Kangra rulers in old times and attracts many invaders like Jahangir and Raja Sansar chand katoch.
Here is ruins of an old fort which was constructesd by Mahmud Gajnavi and Jahangir. It was distructed in the earthquake of 1905.
Brajeshwari Devi Temple: –
This is a temple, whose statue and a lot of wealth was looted by Mahmood Gazni. It was rebuilt in 1920.
Jwalamukhi Temple: –
This is a unique temple. Here is no statue and an eternal flame is continuously rising from a rocky sanctum. In nothern India this is one of the most important pilgrim centre. People beleive that here is Shaktipeeth, where the tongue of Goddess Sati, the consert of Loprd Shiva fell. This is situated at the distance of 30 kms from Dharamshala.
This place is famous for scenic beauty. This town is set among tea plants and pine trees. Here is bracing climate. This town is 35 kms away from Dharamshala.
This is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva as ‘Vaidyanath, the ‘ Lord of physicians’. In the temple Shivlinga is enshrined, which is one of the 12 ‘JYOTIRLINGAS’ in India. This temple is 16 kms away from Dharamshala.
Jahangir, the mughal emperor, named this place nurpur after his wife Noorjahan. This place is famous for an old fort, A temple of Brij Raj and Nurpuri shawls.
More Govt Jobs given below
BEL, Andhra Pradesh Contract Engineer recruitment Application form Download September 2018 – 28 Posts
- Post – Contract Engineer
- Total no. of Vacancy – 11 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 23000
- Eligibility – b tech
- Last Date –
- Post – Senior Officer (Medical), Senior Officer (Russian Translation)
- Total no. of Vacancy – 2 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 40000 – 1,40,000
- Eligibility – graduate, post graduate,
- Post – Lecturer (Homoeopathy)
- Total no. of Vacancy – 7 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 53100-167800
- Eligibility – post graduate
- Last Date –
- Post – Sub-Inspector, Platoon Commander, Sub-Inspector (Special Branch), Subedar, Sub-Inspector (Computer), Sub-Inspector (Finger Print)
- Total no. of Vacancy – 646 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 35400
- Eligibility – graduate, b sc, bca
- Last Date – 16 Sep, 2018 (Last Date Extended to 25 Sep,
- Post – Software Developer
- Total no. of Vacancy – 6 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 35,000
- Eligibility – b tech
- Last Date – 11 Oct, 2018
- Job Location – West Bengal