Gaya is a historical well as religious place situated in Bihar in India. It is a pilgrimage of Hindues located at the bank of Falgu river. Vishnupad is the most religious site of Gaya. Gaya is said to be the ‘land of ancestors’. Millions of people from every part of the country and abroad come here every year to pray for blessings, fulfilment and freedom from life cycle of their ancestors. It is called ‘Pindadan‘ and it is held every year in the month of Ashwin (krishnapaksh). According to epics Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Lord yamraj, Dharmraj and many saints and legends performed ‘yagya‘ here.
There are many hills like Ramshila hill, Pretshila hill, Brahmyoni hil,l etc. are among the Gaya city. To visit here can be an enjoyable moment. It is a nice place for tourists. Since Bodhgaya is situated near(14 kms) Gaya. So tourists, who come Bodhgaya, casually enjoy the visit of Gaya.
HOW TO REACH?
1. The nearest airport is at Gaya. Flights from Kolkata. Bangkok, Kathmandu are available here.
2. Here is railway Junction lies on Grand Cord line.
3. Buses are available for everywhere from here.
WHERE TO STAY?
Name of some hotels and average rates: –
AVERAGE RATE DAILY
Rs. 1300 Onwards
Siddhartha International Hotel
Rs. 1400 Onwards
Rs. 200 Onwards
Rahul Guest House
Rs. 200 Onwards
Rs. 200 Onwards
Rs. 400 Onwards
WHAT TO SEE?
1.Temple of Vishnupad
This temple is situated on the bank of river Falgu. In this temple, there is a mark of feet of Lord Vishnu. According to epics, on the request of Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu appeaed here and put his feet on the body of a giant Gayasur. This mark of feet of Lord Vishnu is worshipped here with great devotion and faith.
2. Brahmyoni hill
This is a hill situted at Gaya – Bodhgaya road in the city of Gaya. This is the highest peak of Gaya. Here is a temple of Brahmeshwar on the top of the hill. In this temple statue of Lord Brahma is established.
This is a pilgrimage site and it isaid that the one , who crosses the ladders of the Brahmyoni (built in the shape of yoni), achieves Lord Brahma.
This is located 3 kms away from railway station on the bank of river Falgu. This is on hight 472 ft. On the top of this hill there is a temple. To reach on the top 340 ladders are built.
According to Purans the hill is called ‘Prabhashgiri‘. Here in the temple statues of Lord Ram janaki, Lord Ganesha and Shivling of Sphatik stone.
4. Mangla Gauri hill
This is a famous hill at Gaya – Bodhgaya road and 3 kms away from station. Here is also many temples related to Lord Ganesha, Shiva, HanumanAnnpurna etc. This is also called ‘Bhashmkut giri‘. On the top of the hill, there is a temple dedicated to Lord Avimukteshwarnaath. Here is statue of Lord Chaturbhuj.
According to ancient epics, on this hill Breast of mata Sati was fallen down and from that time it is a ‘Siddahpeeth‘.
5. Pretshila Hill
This hill is 10 kms away from Gaya station. On the top of the hill, there are statues of Dharmraj and Yamraj. Beside the hill there is a watwer tank. It is said that here ‘Pind dan‘ is performed for whom, who died in early age.
Sheetala Mata Temple
This spectacular temple is dedicated to Mata Sheetala. Here is a bog pond. Ladders are made all around the pond.
This is a beautiful temple dedicated to Mukhi Mata.Here is also statue of made of ‘ashtdhatu‘ of Chaturbhuji Bagla. this is situated at the distance of 2 kms frm Gaya station
More sites worth seeing in Gaya
Karmadeshwar and Baraheshwar Temple,
More Govt Jobs given below
- National Council of Educational Research & Training Recruitment 2018
- Post – Administrator
- Total no. of Vacancy – 1 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 30,000
- Eligibility – b tech, m tech, mca
- Date & time of Walk in Interview – 24 July 2018 at 11:30 AM
- Location –
- Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Technician (Drilling), Foreman (Drilling), Assistant (HR), Assistant (Materials), Assistant (Accounts), Machinist
- Total no. of Vacancy – 145 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 20200 – 49300
- Eligibility –
- Madhya Pradesh Public Health Engineering Department Recruitment 2018
- Post – Chemist, Laboratory Assistant
- Total no. of Vacancy – 16 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 15000
- Eligibility – 12th, b sc
- Last Date – 10 Aug, 2018
- Location – Madhya Pradesh
GGRC, Gujarat Junior Officer (Field Operations) recruitment Application form Download July 2018 – 7 Posts
- Gujarat Green Revolution Company Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Junior Officer (Field Operations), Junior Officer (Technical), Software Engineer, System Engineer
- Total no. of Vacancy – 10 Posts
- Eligibility – post graduate, b tech, m tech, bsc agriculture
- Last Date – 27 Jul,
- Brahmaputra Cracker & Polymer Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Operator (Chemical) , Foreman, Operator (Fire), Technician (Electrical & Mechanical)
- Total no. of Vacancy – 19 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 14000
- Eligibility – 10th, 12th, b sc, iti, diploma
- Last Date –