UPSC has fixed the eligibility criteria for applicants appearing for Geologists Exam. These are as followed:
1. Academic Qualification
– Post graduates in geology / applied geology or marine geology from a recognized University are eligible
– Post graduates in Hydrology from a recognized university are eligible for posts in Central Ground Water Board (CGWB)
– Post graduated in Mineral exploration from a recognized university for posts in Geological Survey of India (GSI) can also appear for the exam
– Applicants with diploma of Associateship in Applied geology of Indian School Mines, Dhanbad are applicable for the examination
2. Age Limit
– Applicants must be between the ages of 21 – 32 years of age.
– Age relaxation for applicants under SC / ST, OBC and other categories are determined by the rules of the government.
– Upper age limit for SC / ST applicants is 5 years
– For OBC applicants (who are eligible to avail reservation) upper age limit is 3 years
– Maximum 5 years for applicants domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 1st 1980 to December 31st 1989.
– For ex- serviceman maximum age is 5 years who have served at least five years in Military Services as on January 1st 2011.
– 3 years for Defense Services Personnel who were disabled in services during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area.
– Applicants like deaf, mute, blind and orthopedically handicapped, upper age limit is ten years.
– Indian Citizen
– A subject of Nepal
– A subject of Bhutan
– A Tibetan refugee who came to India with a thought of settling here permanently before January 1st 1962.
– Indian origin persons who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with a thought of settling in India permanently.
– Applicants who come under categories mentioned in points 2, 3, 4 and 5 should provide the relevant certificate issued by the Government of India.
4. Physical Fitness
The applicants should be physically fit according to the physical standards for admission to the Geologists exam.
More Govt Jobs given below
Teacher Eligibility Test of Kerala (K-TET) Notification
Competitive Examination, to adjudge eligibility of aspirant of Lower Primary Teacher, Upper Primary Teacher & High Schools Teacher, is due in Kerala state. As you know well, after implementation of RTE Act 2009 any state of India is abided by common rule, while making appointment on teaching positions. All states have to organize separate Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), whenever teaching faculty required. Move to conduct TET was taken to improve teaching standard at primary level.
Application Stutus of MTS in ESIC Delhi 2012
As we know, ESIC New Delhi had issued a recruitment notification for the post of Upper Division Clerks (UDC) and Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in the Pay Band Rs.5200 to 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.Rs.2400 and Rs.1800 respectively. The total vacancies for both the posts were 204, Out of which 137 for Upper Division Clerk (UDC) and 67 for Multi Tasking Staff (MTS). Well,
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam 2012 Exam Schedule
Jharkhand Public service Commission (JPSC) has just announced the Exam Schedule for the Mains Exam of 4th Combined Civil Services. Candidates who have qualified in the Preliminary Test (PT) and obviously applied for this Examination and eligible to appear in this mains written exam can know the Exam schedule through the weblink given below –
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Schedule
This main written examination will be started from 25/05/2012 and it will end on 15/06/2012.
HPSSSB Clerk Exam 2012
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Board (HPSSSB) has just released a notification to find out roll number and Exam centre for the written examination of Clerk 2012. Candidates who have applied for this post and waiting for knowing examination schedule, roll number and centre of exam etc may know it after clicking the web link provided for this purpose like this —
HPSSSB Roll number and Centre of exam for the post of Clerk
Interested Candidates who have applied for this post and wanting to know the schedule,
HP State Combined Pre-Medical Entrance Test Notification
An announcement about HPCPMET 2012 has been made by HP University. As you know well that HPCPMET is common entrance test, which is organiesed every year for choosing eligible candidates for taking Admission in MBBS & BDS courses in Govt. Colleges and Private colleges of HP State. This year HPCPMET will be organised on 25th May 2012. Regrading HPCPMET 2012, applications are invited from Those who are between 17 to 25 years of age and completed 12th with PCB.