Q. What is HP CMAT?
A: HP CMAT is the abbreviation of Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test. HP – CMAT is an entrance examination which is organized by Himachal Pradesh University Business School for the admission to the management courses. This examination provides a great opportunity to the students especially for those who don’t want leave their state. The test is being conducted on behalf of Himachal Pradesh Technical University. The examination is held annually. Competition is increasing in the corporate world and so the admission to the best institute is very tough. HP – CMAT is one of those management entrance examinations which acts as a doorway to the students into the business world.
Q. Which are the institutes that offers MBA programme?
A: List of institutions that offers MBA programmes –
- L. R. Institute of Management, Solan
- H. P. Institute of Management Studies, Totu, Shimla
- Shimla Institute of Management & Technology, Sanjauli, Shimla
- K. C. Institute of Management, Pandoga, Una
- Abhilashi Institute of Management Studies, Ner Chowk, Mandi
- Bells Institute of Management & Technology, Mehli , Shimla
Q. What are the Eligibility Conditions of HP – CMAT?
A: The Eligibility Conditions of HP – CMAT are as follows –
- Aspirants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University
- Candidates must have secured minimum of 50% marks in Graduation (45% for SC / ST Candidates)
- Final year students can also apply
Q. How to apply for HP CMAT ?
A: The Application Form and Handbook of Information can be obtained from the Business School on cash payment / demand draft with a requisite amount. The Handbook of Information can also be available at selected Post Offices of Himachal Pradesh by payment of requisite amount.
Q. Where will be HP – CMAT conducted?
A: Following is the list of centers where HP – CMAT will take place –
Q. What is the Examination Pattern of HP – CMAT?
A: The Examination Pattern of HP – CMAT is –
- The examination paper will comprise of multiple choice questions
- Total time allotted for the examination is 3 hours
- All total there will be 200 questions
- Candidates have to select the right answer from multiple options.
- The question paper will have questions from four sections.
|No. of Questions|
|Arithmetic Comprehension and Data Interpretation|
Q. What is the validity of the HP – CMAT score card?
A: The score card is valid for one academic year.
Q. What are the reference books, newspapers and magazines for preparing for HP – CMAT?
A: There are many books available in the market for preparing for any management entrance test. Some of the study materials are suggested below –
- Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Agarwal
- Verbal Ability by Arun Sharma
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Pearson Guide to MBA Entrance Examination by Edgar Thorpe
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams by Abhijit Guha
- Business and English Communication by Clark
- Quantitative Aptitude by Arub Sharma
- A Complete Kit for MBA Entrance Examinations by S.Chand
- 40+ Solved Papers MBA Entrances by Arihant
- Ramesh Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K.Gupta
- Economics Time
- The Statesman
- The Hindu
- Business Today
- Business World
- Competition Success Review
- Business Line by Hindu Group
Q. What are the coaching institutes that provide training for HP – CMAT?
A: There are different coaching classes that provide training for HP – CMAT. Some coaching classes are –
- IMS Shimla
- Career Launcher India Ltd, Hamirpur
- Brilliant Tutorials
- Bulls Eye
- Ambitious Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Studies
Q. How to prepare for the Examination?
A: Preparation for HP – CMAT is like preparation for any other MBA Entrance Examination. Some preparation tips are given below –
- The 1st tip for preparation of management entrance examination is collection of good study materials. The materials are available in the market. Books related to every concerned subject should be bought before starting for preparation. Students can take help from their teachers, seniors, internet regarding selection of books.
- The next important tip is making a proper time table. Aspirants should provide equal amount of time to all concerned subjects. The routine should depict the candidate’s daily routine and amount of time he is dedicating for his studies.
- Start with first chapter of every subject. Slowly and steadily try to cover up all the chapters of the concerned subjects. Question paper carries problems from almost every chapter. So students have to cover up all the chapters.
- Initially try to solve easy problems. Gradually increase the level of difficulty of sums. This process will cover all type of sums and will also build confidence among the students.
- Collect previous year’s question papers from internet / market. They are very helpful for the candidates. By solving last years’ paper students gets familiar with the examination pattern.
- Set time and try to finish off the sample papers within a time limit. This will teach time management to the students. The main entrance examination will have certain time limit and students have to complete their paper in that time period.
- Give mock tests. Many coaching centers conducts mock test. Enroll to those coaching centers and give mock tests. The mock test will provide the evaluation score card to every student. This will showcase the students’ weak and strong areas.
- Work out on weak areas. Try to solve more problems of the weak areas.
- Practice, practice and practice is the only mantra for getting success in entrance examination.
- Revise previous year’s question papers thoroughly and keep faith in yourself and be confident enough to crack the examination. All the Best!!
Q. What are the contact details?
A: Himachal Pradesh University Business School
Himachal Pradesh University
Pin – 171005
Phone no: 0177 – 2830938