1. At first which metal had been used by human?
(a) iron (b) Cuprum
(c) Aluminium (d) Gold
2. when UNO was established?
(a) 1943 (b) 1944
(c) 1945 (d) 1946
3. By whom ‘Hindustan Republican Association was established?
(a) Sachindra Sanyal (b) Bhagat Singh
(c) Surendra Nath Banarji (d) Chandrashekhar Azad
4. How many members are in SAARC?
(a) Seven (b) Eight
(C) Nine (D) Ten
5. Harappan Civilization may be called on the basis of materials got in Excavation
(a) Rural Civilization (b) Wild Civilization
(c) Urban Civilization (d) Non of these
6. who had searched ‘Raman Effect’?
(a) Arkimidij (b) Chandrashekhar Subrahamanyam
(c) Raja Ramanna (d) C.V.Raman
7. Where is the residence of Garo, Khashi and jayantiya Tribes?
(a) Madhya Pradesh (b) Jharkhand
(c) Meghalaya (d) Nagaland
8. Satyamev Jayte was taken from the Vedic literature:
(a) Bedang (b) Upnishads
(c) Aranyak (d) Puranas
9. Who started the postal syatem inIndia?
(a) Lord Dalhauji (b) Lord Haring
(c) Waren Hestingus (d) Lord Kaining
10. The classical dance Kuchhipuri is related to:
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Kerala
(c) Karnataka (d) Andhra Pradesh
11. What is the national flower ofIndia?
(a) Rose (b) Lotus
(c) Lily (d) Marigold
12. Raja Ravi Verma is related to:
(a) Dance (b) Music
(c) Painting (d) Acting
13. The first Indian who got Nobel Prize?
(a) C.V Raman (b) Mother Teresa
(c) Mahatma Gandhi (d) Ravindra Nath Tagore
14. Tehri Dam is built on river:
(a) Bhagirathi (b) Yamuna
(c)Krishna (d) Satluj
15. Which is the smallest planet of the solar system?
(a) Venus (b) Mercury
(c) Mars (d) earth
16. In 1985 first meet of Congress was held at:
17. Which is the oldest Veda of India?
(a) Rigveda (b) Shamveda
(c) Yajurveda (d) Atharvaveda
18. Which state ofIndiais situated betweenNepalandBhutan?
(a) Meghalaya (b)Sikkim
(c) Uttarakhand (d) Arunachal Pradesh
19. Where is Indira Point?
(a) Lakshadeep (b) South Andaman
(c) Great Nicobar (d) Kerala
20. Chandragupta Maurya was attained diksha in the religion:
(a) Buddha (b) Jain (c) Shikh (d) Vaishnav
21. Yamuna, Gandak,Ghagharaand Koshi are Tributary of:
(a) Sindhu (b) Satlaj
(c) Brahamputra (d)Ganga
22. IIM is related to:
(a) Indian Management (b) Indian Technology
(c) Indian Economics (d) Indian Literature
23. Khetri is known for:
(a) Cuprum (b) Coal
(c) Manganese (d) mica
24. Khajuraho Temples were built in the period of:
(a) Chandel Dynasty (b) Cholas dynasty
(c) Pallava Dynasty (d) Gupta Dynasty
25. Kalidas was Contemperory to:
(a) Chandragupta Marya (b) Chandragupta II
(c) Kanishaka (d) Harshvardhana
26. Kanishka owns the religion:
(a) Jain (b) Buddha
(c) Shaiva (d) vaishnava
27. Partition ofBengalwas announced in:
(a) 1904 (b) 1911
(c) 1905 (d) 1917
28. Who was the temporary president of Indian constitution committee?
(a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (b) Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar
(C) Dr. Sachinand Sinha (d) Pd. Jawahar Lal Nehru
29. Delta of Sundarvan is created by the river:
(a)Hooghly (b) Kaveri
(C) Ganga (d) Damodar
30. Which of the state does not completely follows Indian Constitutions?
(a) Maharashtra (b)Gujarat
(c) Arunachal Pradesh (d)Jammu and Kashmir
31. Indiais a union of States in which there are:
(a) 22 States and 9 UT (b) 25 States and 7 UT
(c) 28 States and 7 UT (d) 28 States and 5 UT
32. Executive power of Indian union is in:
(a) President (b) Prime Minister
(c) Lok Sabha Speaker (d) Chief justice of Supreme Court
33.Thomos Cup is related to:
(a) Badminton (b) Tennis
(c) Football (d) Hockey
34. Deush Mark is currency of:
(a)France (b)Japan (c)China (d)Germany
35.Lahoreis situated on the bank of:
(a) Ravi (b) Indus (c) Brahmaputra (d)Chenab
36.where Silicon Valley is situated inIndia?
(a) Trivandrum (b) Mumbai (c)Bangalore (d) Pune
37. What is the currency of India?
(a) Rupiya (b) Percent (c) Kyat (d) dinar
38. which is the biggest lake of the world?
(a)SuperiorLake (b)Baikal Lake (c) Caspian Sea (d) Titicaca lake
39. What is the place ofIndiain the world in respect to area?
(a) Six (b) Seven (c) Eight (d) Nine
40. in production of which mineralIndiais a leading country:
(a) Mica (b) Iron (c) Manganese (d) Aluminium
41. In which Regime the capital ofIndiawas replacedCalcuttatoDelhi?
(a) Lord Karjan (b) Lord Ripen (c) Lord Irvin (d) Lord Harding II
42. Who is the head of C.B.I at present time?
(a) Jogindra Sinngh (b) Ashok Kumar Rana (c) R.K Sharma (d) Manmohan Khurana
43. Whose Indian has gotten Magsese Award?
(a) Soniya Gandhi (b) Baba Ramdev (3) Medha Patekar
(d) Prakash and Mandakani Aamte
44. Who was the teacher of Shivaji?
(a) Namdev (b) Ramdas (3) Eknath (d) Tukkaram
45. Popular Tourist Ibnbatuta had come:
(a) Purtgal (b) Morrakko (c)China (d)Tibet
46. The instruments that measures the intensity of Earthquake:
(a)Indiograph (b) Pantograph (c) Argo graph (d) Seismograph
47. Which town was knownShaswatTown?
(a)London (b)Athens(c) Rom (4)Berlin
48. Which Indian player has won Gold Medal in Olympic 2011?
(a) Abhinav Bindra (b) Sushil Kumar (c) Bijendra Kumar (d) Akhil Kumar
49. Who is the Chief Minister Of India?
(a) Sonia Gandhi (b) laksmi Sehgal (c) A.P.J Abjul Kalam (d) Pratibha Patil
50. Who is the writer of ‘Indika’?
(a) Justine (b) Megasthanij (c) Plini (d) Strabo
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion