Q. What is OPENMAT Exam?
A. OPENMAT is an all India Entrance Examination organized by IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University). Admissions are done in various courses through OPENMAT. This Entrance Test is held semiannually. IGNOU is counted amongst the largest Universities of the country. The test is conducted for admission to its various distance – learning Management Program. The total strength of students studying in IGNOU is 1.4 million approximately. The University provides its students with well education system and tries its best to make the life of its students bright.
Q. What are the programs offered after clearing OPENMAT?
A. List of the following programs that are offered after clearing OPENMAT –
- Master of Business Administration – MBA
- Diploma in Management – DIM
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – PGDIM
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management – PGDHRM
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial management – PGDFM
- Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management – PGDOM
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management – PGDMM.
Q. What are the Eligibility Conditions of OPENMAT Exam?
A. The Eligibility Conditions of OPENMAT Exam is as follows:
Master of Business Administration – MBA, Post Graduate Diploma in Management – PGDIM, Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management – PGDHRM, Post Graduate Diploma in Financial management – PGDFM, Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management – PGDOM, Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management – PGDMM.
- Applicants should hold Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with minimum of 50% marks for General Category and 45% marks for Reserved Category OR
- Graduate Applicants with three years of managerial / supervisory / professional experience OR
- Applicants with Professional Degree in Engineering / Technology / Medicine / Architecture / Law / Pharmacy are also eligible OR
- Applicants with Professional Qualifications in Costs and Works Accountancy / Company Secretary Ship / Accountancy etc can also apply.
- Applicants who have cleared CAT / MAT or State Level Tests do not have to appear for OPENMAT exam
- There is no age limit
Diploma in Management – DIM
- Non Graduates with six years of managerial / supervisory / professional experience are liable for DIM.
Q. What is the Examination Pattern of OPENMAT?
A. The Examination Pattern of OPENMAT goes like this –
- Time Limit for the Entrance Test is three hours.
- The exam will be based upon four sections – General Awareness English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
- There is no negative marking for any wrong answer.
- All total 200 questions will be there
|Section A||General Awareness||30 Questions|
|Section B||English Language||50 Questions|
|Section C||Quantitative Aptitude||50 Questions|
|Section D||Logical Reasoning||70 Questions|
- Applicants with CAT / MAT / State Level Entrance Test score card can get admission according to the cut off marks decided by the Universities.
Q. How to apply for OPENMAT Examination?
- Application forms are available at all branches of IGNOU
- Regional branches of IGNOU also provide application forms
- A prospectus and students handbook will be provided with the application form
- The prospectus and students handbook are also available online
- The complete application form and prospectus have to be sent by post
- There is no requirement of any documents to be sent with the application form.
Q. What are the reference books available for OPENMAT?
A. List of reference books for OPENMAT –
- Neeraj Entrance Book for OPENMAT
- Manorama Year Book – S. Chand Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by R.S.Agarwal
- Sultan Quantitative Aptitude by S.P. Gupta & P.K.Gupta
- Ramesh Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K.Gupta
- Upkars Quicker Reasoning Test by Dr. M.B. Lal & A.K.Singh
- Upkars New Paradigm Reasoning Test by Editorial Board of Pratiyogita Darpan
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Economics Time
- The Statesman
- Business Today
- Business World
Q. What are the coaching institutes that provide training for OPENMAT exam?
A. List of coaching centers –
- Career Launcher
- The Satisfaction Academy
- Ascent Education
Q. How to prepare for OPENMAT?
A. Aspirants have to follow certain steps to qualify the OPENMAT examination. Following is the study plan for OPENMAT exam –
- OPENMAT is an entrance examination whose preparation is same as aspirants prepare for other management entrance examination.
- Aspirants have to plan their routine.
- Applicants must ensure that they should have proper knowledge about the examination and the concerned syllabus.
- Aspirants must get hold of good study material. Study material should possess previous years question paper. A thorough practice of question paper will fetch confidence among the applicants.
- While practicing, time management should be kept in mind. Try to complete the papers in limited time.
- Applicants should take mock tests when they are familiar with all the topics of the question paper.
- Habit of reading newspaper everyday is a good way of improving English and will also strengthen applicants’ general knowledge.
- Over confidence and over anxiousness does not lead to the correct way. Aspirants are advised to answer the questions with peace of mind.
- Last but not the least suggestion is that as everyone cannot follow a prescribed preparation tips so they need to make their own plan so that they are better fit into their own shoes.
Q. What is the validity of OPENMAT score card?
A. Candidates who qualify the written examination i.e., OPENMAT can take admission in any of the two semesters. This means that the validity of the OPENMAT score card is one year. There are two semesters in one year. So the candidate can take admission to any semester after the declaration of the results.
Q. What is the cut off marks of OPENMAT?
A. There is no prescribed cut off marks. It will be decided by the University itself. A score of 100 marks out of 200 can make an applicant to go for the admission. But as the competition is increasing a score of 120 will be in a safe side.
Q. Where are the Study Centers of IGNOU located?
A. Following is the list of study centers –
- Delhi 1
- Delhi 2
- Delhi 3
More Govt Jobs given below
Teacher Eligibility Test of Kerala (K-TET) Notification
Competitive Examination, to adjudge eligibility of aspirant of Lower Primary Teacher, Upper Primary Teacher & High Schools Teacher, is due in Kerala state. As you know well, after implementation of RTE Act 2009 any state of India is abided by common rule, while making appointment on teaching positions. All states have to organize separate Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), whenever teaching faculty required. Move to conduct TET was taken to improve teaching standard at primary level.
Application Stutus of MTS in ESIC Delhi 2012
As we know, ESIC New Delhi had issued a recruitment notification for the post of Upper Division Clerks (UDC) and Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in the Pay Band Rs.5200 to 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.Rs.2400 and Rs.1800 respectively. The total vacancies for both the posts were 204, Out of which 137 for Upper Division Clerk (UDC) and 67 for Multi Tasking Staff (MTS). Well,
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam 2012 Exam Schedule
Jharkhand Public service Commission (JPSC) has just announced the Exam Schedule for the Mains Exam of 4th Combined Civil Services. Candidates who have qualified in the Preliminary Test (PT) and obviously applied for this Examination and eligible to appear in this mains written exam can know the Exam schedule through the weblink given below –
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Schedule
This main written examination will be started from 25/05/2012 and it will end on 15/06/2012.
HPSSSB Clerk Exam 2012
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Board (HPSSSB) has just released a notification to find out roll number and Exam centre for the written examination of Clerk 2012. Candidates who have applied for this post and waiting for knowing examination schedule, roll number and centre of exam etc may know it after clicking the web link provided for this purpose like this —
HPSSSB Roll number and Centre of exam for the post of Clerk
Interested Candidates who have applied for this post and wanting to know the schedule,
HP State Combined Pre-Medical Entrance Test Notification
An announcement about HPCPMET 2012 has been made by HP University. As you know well that HPCPMET is common entrance test, which is organiesed every year for choosing eligible candidates for taking Admission in MBBS & BDS courses in Govt. Colleges and Private colleges of HP State. This year HPCPMET will be organised on 25th May 2012. Regrading HPCPMET 2012, applications are invited from Those who are between 17 to 25 years of age and completed 12th with PCB.