Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test
This is an entrance examination conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). It came into force in the academic session 2004 – 05. This examination is a gateway for the science students. Applicants who qualify in this examination will get admission for masters’ programmes in science. The post graduate programmes will be provided by the IITs. With the help of this examination students can shape up their career in science. This masters’ degree will provide the students to apply the theoretical knowledge into practical applications. Undoubtedly IITs are the best technology institutions in the country. They provide a high quality of education to every discipline. English is used as the medium of instruction.
This examination is held for admission in Master of Science, Joint Masters in Science – Ph.D, Masters in Science – Ph.D Dual Degree and other Post Bachelor Programmes. Large number of applicants sits for this entrance examination. It is held annually and candidates who crack the examination get seat in any of the seven IITs according to their merit. The applicants have to fulfill the eligibility criteria to take admission in IITs.
There are eight test papers and each test paper has different academic programmes. In order to avail the programme(s), the applicants should ensure that they have the minimum academic qualification for each programme. The details of the test papers and their prgrammes are listed below:
Test Paper – Chemistry (CY)
1. Masters in Science Chemistry : IITB, IITD, IITG, IITH, IITK, IITM, IITR
2. Joint Masters in Science – Ph.D programme in Chemistry : IITKgp
3. Masters in Science – Ph.D. Dual degree programme in Chemistry : IITB
In order to avail any of the above programmes an applicant should be a graduate with Chemistry as a subject for 3 years and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
4. Masters in Science –Ph.D Dual degree programme in energy – IITB
Applicant should hold a bachelors degree with any one of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for 2 years and any one of the remaining 2 subjects for at least 1 year.
5. Masters in Science – Ph.D. Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering: IITB
Applicant should possess bachelors’ degree in any of Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Physics and Mathematics for 2 years and any 1 of other 4 subjects for at least 1 year. Applicant should have cleared Mathematics at 10+2 level.
1. Masters in Science Physics: IITB, IITD, IITG, IITH, IITK, IITM, IITR
2. Joint Masters in Science – Ph.D Programmes in Physics: IITKgp
3. Masters in Science – PhD Dual degree programme in Physics: IITB, IITK
4. Masters in Science (Physics) – Masters in Technology (Materials Sciences with specialization in Nano Science and Tech): IITB
For the above four programmes, minimum educational qualification required is a graduate with Physics as a subject for at least 2 years and Mathematics for at least 1 year.
5. Masters in science – Ph.D Dual degree programme in Energy: IITB
This programme requires a graduate with any one of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for 2 years and any one of the remaining 2 subjects for at least 1 year.
6. Masters in Science – Ph.D Dual degree programme in Environmental Science and Engineering: IITB
It requires graduates with any 1 of Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Physics and Mathematics for 2 years and any 1 of other 4 subjects for at least 1 year. Applicant should have cleared Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Computer Applications (CA)
1. Masters of Computer Applications: IITR
Candidate should be a graduate with Mathematics as a subject for at least 1 year for annual system candidates or at least two papers of Mathematics for semester system candidates
1. Masters in Science. Mathematics: IITB, IITD, IITK, IITM
2. Masters in Science. Mathematics and Computing: IITG
3. Masters in Science. Applied Mathematics: IITR
4. Masters in Science. Industrial Mathematics and Informatics: IITR
Applicants should have bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least two years
5. Joint Masters in Science – Ph.D programme in Mathematics: IITKgp
6. Masters in Science – Ph.D Dual degree in Operations Research: IITB
For these two programmes the applicants should be a graduate with Mathematics / Statistics as a subject for at least two years.
7. Masters in Science – Ph.D Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering: IITB
Should possess bachelor’s degree with any of Biology, Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for 2 years and any 1 of the other 4 subjects for at least 1 year. Applicant should have cleared Mathematics 10+2 level.
8. Masters in Science – Ph.D Dual Degree Programme in Energy: IITB
Graduates with any one of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for 2 years and any one of the remaining 2 subjects for at least 1 year
1. Masters in Science Biotechnology: IITB, IITR
2. Masters in Science – Ph.D Dual Degree in Biotechnology: IITB
Should hold a bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science / Agriculture / Pharmacy /
Veterinary / Engineering / Medicine (MBBS). For IITB the applicants must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level.
3. Masters in Science – Ph.D Dual Degree in Environmental Engineering: IITB
Applicants should be a graduate with any one of Biotechnology, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and mathematics for 2 years and 1 of the four subjects for at least one year.
1. Masters in Science Applied Geology: IITB, IITR
2. Joint Masters in Science – Ph.D Programme in Geology: IIT Kgp
3. Masters in Technology in Geological Technology: IITR
4. Masters in Science – Ph.D Dual Degree Programme in Applied Geology: IITB
For all these four programmes the applicants need be a graduate with geology as a subject for three years and any 2 subjects among Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biological Science. Applicant should have passed Mathematics in 10+2
Mathematical Statistics (MS)
1. Masters in Science. Applied Statistics and Informatics: IITB
2. Masters in Science – Ph.D. Dual Degree in Operations Research: IITB
3. Masters in Science. Statistics: IITK
For the above three posts the applicants should be a graduate with either Mathematics or Statistics for at least two years.
1. Masters in Science Applied Geophysics: IITB
2. Masters in Science – Ph.D Dual Degree Programme in Applied Geophysics: IITB
Candidates should be a graduate with both Mathematics and Physics as subjects for two years and at least one of them as a subject for three years.
3. Masters in Technology in Geophysical Technology: IITR
Should be a graduate with Physics and Mathematics as subjects and anyone of the following subjects: Chemistry, Geology, Statistics, Electronics, and Computer Science.
Other Eligibility Criteria’s
1. There is no age restriction
2. This exam is open to both Indians and Foreigners
3. For OBC and General candidates the minimum marks should be at least 55%
4. Minimum 50% of marks for SC / ST and PD categories
5. Final year students should submit their results to the concerned authority before the expiration of the date
6. Applicants having their marks as grades or CGPA should convert it into percentage by the rules of the respective institutions or universities.
1. Multiple Choice questions will be there for Computer Application and Biotechnology papers
2. Rest of the question papers (six papers) will include both objective and conventional type questions
3. The objective and subjective questions for the six papers will carry weightages of 30% and 70% respectively
4. Time allotted for each test is three hours
5. There is negative marking for all the test papers that will have objective type questions.
6. One third of the maximum marks allotted to the question will be deducted.
7. English will be the medium of instruction
8. Usage of calculators or any electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited.
More Govt Jobs given below
Teacher Eligibility Test of Kerala (K-TET) Notification
Competitive Examination, to adjudge eligibility of aspirant of Lower Primary Teacher, Upper Primary Teacher & High Schools Teacher, is due in Kerala state. As you know well, after implementation of RTE Act 2009 any state of India is abided by common rule, while making appointment on teaching positions. All states have to organize separate Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), whenever teaching faculty required. Move to conduct TET was taken to improve teaching standard at primary level.
Application Stutus of MTS in ESIC Delhi 2012
As we know, ESIC New Delhi had issued a recruitment notification for the post of Upper Division Clerks (UDC) and Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in the Pay Band Rs.5200 to 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.Rs.2400 and Rs.1800 respectively. The total vacancies for both the posts were 204, Out of which 137 for Upper Division Clerk (UDC) and 67 for Multi Tasking Staff (MTS). Well,
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam 2012 Exam Schedule
Jharkhand Public service Commission (JPSC) has just announced the Exam Schedule for the Mains Exam of 4th Combined Civil Services. Candidates who have qualified in the Preliminary Test (PT) and obviously applied for this Examination and eligible to appear in this mains written exam can know the Exam schedule through the weblink given below –
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Schedule
This main written examination will be started from 25/05/2012 and it will end on 15/06/2012.
HPSSSB Clerk Exam 2012
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Board (HPSSSB) has just released a notification to find out roll number and Exam centre for the written examination of Clerk 2012. Candidates who have applied for this post and waiting for knowing examination schedule, roll number and centre of exam etc may know it after clicking the web link provided for this purpose like this —
HPSSSB Roll number and Centre of exam for the post of Clerk
Interested Candidates who have applied for this post and wanting to know the schedule,
HP State Combined Pre-Medical Entrance Test Notification
An announcement about HPCPMET 2012 has been made by HP University. As you know well that HPCPMET is common entrance test, which is organiesed every year for choosing eligible candidates for taking Admission in MBBS & BDS courses in Govt. Colleges and Private colleges of HP State. This year HPCPMET will be organised on 25th May 2012. Regrading HPCPMET 2012, applications are invited from Those who are between 17 to 25 years of age and completed 12th with PCB.