INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT NIRMA UNIVERSITY (IMNU)
Institute of Management is one of the management institutes of Ahmedabad city. Since its inception in 1996 the institution has continuously provided excellence education to the students. The name of the institution itself depicts that it is the institute offers management courses to the students. The institution prepares its students to meet the challenges of the developing corporate world. A survey conducted by AIMA ranked this institution among the top 15 Business Schools in the country. The institution has always helped its students in every way they could do. The institute provides all the necessary facilities to the students.
Q. What are the courses offered by the institute?
A: List of courses offered by the institute is –
- Full Time Master of Business Administration
- Part Time Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Family Business and Entrepreneurship)
Q. What is the Eligibility Criteria for admission?
A: Students must entail following conditions –
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University
- Candidates must have scored minimum of 50% marks in their Graduation.
- Final year students are also eligible but have to meet all the requirements before certain deadline
Q. What are the scores acceptable by Institute of Management for admission to the management programs?
A: Admission to the Institute of Management is no way easy. Candidates have to appear the following tests –
- Candidates have to appear for Common Admission Test (CAT) which is conducted by IIM.
- The examination is conducted all over the country
- Foreign Students / NRI / Person of Indian Origin / Gulf Countries and South East Asia candidates can be considered for admission on the basis of GMAT score.
- For NRI sponsored categories only CAT score will be accepted.
Q. How to obtain the Institute’s Application Form?
A: Application Forms can be obtained in two ways. One is the Online Application Form and the other is Offline Application Form.
Online Application Form
- Candidates can download the admission brochure from official website of the institution www.imnu.ac.in
- Online Application Form is obtained from www.imnu.ac.in
- Candidates have to fill the online form and have to submit it along with the payment of requisite amount by credit card / debit card / net banking
Offline Application Form
- Candidates can purchase the Application Form from the Institute itself by paying the requisite amount
- Candidates can obtain the forms from various centers of IMS and TIME by paying the requisite amount
- Candidates can download the form from the website and submit the completed application form along with a Demand Draft of a requisite amount drawn in favor of “Institute of Management, Nirma University” and payable at Ahmedabad.
Q. What is the Selection Process?
A: This management institution also conducts various methods of selecting the right candidate for the institution. Candidates have to go through certain rounds of selection before getting the final admission into the institution. Below is the detailed information of the selection procedure.
- Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of CAT score card.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Personal Interview and a Written Test.
- Written Test will be conducted to test the written communication skills of the candidates.
- The interview and the Written Test will be conducted in the major cities like Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi and Kolkata.
- The final selection of the candidate to the institution will be based on CAT, Personal Interview, Written Test and Academic Records
- Below is the weightage of all the components of selection criteria –
Common Admission Test (CAT)
|Written Communication Test|
Q. How are the Placement Records of the institution?
A: The institute is the medium for its students to make their dreams true. When the students complete their Post Graduation successfully they are placed in some good companies in higher positions. The institute helps the students to live into the corporate world. There is a placement cell which keeps contact with the recruiters for campus selection. For one academic batch the recruiters are called twice. One is for Summer Internship Programme and the other is for Final Placement. Top companies are the regular visitors of the institute. Since the inception of the institution it has made 100% placement for the students.
Summer Internship Programme
Many recruiters are been called for summer internship programme. Some companies visit the campus and conduct group discussions and personal interview and then do the final selection of students as interns. Some companies are there which shortlists the students on basis of their resume and then do the selection on the basis of telephonic interviews.
The institute always had a good record of its placement. Every year there is an increase in the average salary of the students. Some regular recruiters of the institute are Ranbaxy laboratories, Idea Cellular Limited; Berger paints India Ltd, HDFC Bank Limited, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Adani Group, Global Talent Track, Bajaj Auto Finance Limited, Kotak Group, Pipal Research, etc. The average salary of 2008 – 2010 year’s batch was 6.2 lacs per annum.
Q. What was last year’s cut off marks?
A: Cut off marks of last two years –
2008 – 2010 (Percentile)
2009 – 2011 (Percentile)
No Sectional Cut off mark for 95 percentile and above