JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2012
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS BOARD
AQ-13/1, SECTOR-V, SALTLAKE CITY,
JEM-2012, the abbreviated form for JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION is a screening test for admitting potential and deserving candidates in various disciplines of under graduate courses in Engineering /Technology/Architecture/Medical/Dental and Pharmacy in colleges and universities of West Bengal. It is conducted by WEST BENGAL JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS BOARD. Every year the number of students taking this examination runs into thousands for a limited number of seats. This fact alone makes it one of the toughest examinations in India which requires detailed planning and sheer intelligence during preparations. The Board has declared for JEM 2012 Notification. For detailed information about JEM 2012 one may read below:
JEM 2012 IMPORTANT DATES:
- Date of selling of application kit->28.12.2012 to 18.01.2012
- Last date of receipt of request->06.01.2012
- Last date for receipt of fully filled application form->24.01.2012
- Selling of application kit with late fee->19.01.2012 to 21.01.2012
- Date of examination->15.04.2012
JEM 2012 TYPE OF APPLICATIONS
- TYPE ‘E’
Engineering & Technology/B.Arch/Dairy Technology/Agriculture engineering/Pharmacy
The student has to take Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in JEM
- TYPE ‘M’
The student has to take Physics, Chemistry & Biological Sciences in JEM
- TYPE ‘C’
Engineering & Technology/B.Arch/Dairy Technology/Agriculture engineering/Pharmacy/ Medical/Dental
The student has to take Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biological Sciences in JEM
JEM 2012 SCHEDULE OF THE EXAMINATION
Date of the examination->15.04.2012(Sunday)
The examination will be held in three shifts:-
9:30 AM to 11:30 AM->MATHEMATICS
12:30 PM to 02:30 PM->PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY
03:30 PM to 05:30 PM->BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Those candidates applying for ‘E’ type will have to give Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics ///Those candidates applying for ‘M’ type will have to give Physics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences /// Those candidates applying for ‘E’ type will have to give Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biological Sciences.
JEM 2012 EXAMINATION SYLLABUS
- Mathematical tools
- Motion in a straight line
- Motion in a plane
- Newton’s laws of motion
- Work power and energy
- System of particles and rotational motion
- Mechanical properties of solids and fluids
- Oscillations and waves
- Magnetic properties of current
- Modern physics
- Mole concept and stoichiometry
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding
- Chemical kinetics
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Nuclear chemistry
- Co ordination compounds
- Comparative study of elements
- Alcohols and phenols
- Solid state
- Living world
- Animal kingdom
- Plant kingdom
- Structural organization
- Plant physiology
- Animal physiology
- Two-dimensional co ordinate geometry
- Three-dimensional co ordinate geometry
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Ordinary differential equations
- Linear programming
JEM 2012 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have passed the 12th class under 10+2 System from HS or any equivalent State level board.
- The candidates applying for B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch should have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics taken together for general category & minimum of 40% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics taken together for SC/ST category & a minimum of 30% marks in English.
- The candidates applying for Pharmacy should have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology taken together for general category & minimum of 40% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology taken together for SC/ST category & a minimum of 30% marks in English.
- The candidates applying for Marine Engineering should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematic taken together & a minimum of 50% marks in English either in class 10 or class 12.
- The candidates applying for MBBS/BDS should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together for general category & minimum of 40% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together for SC/ST category & a minimum of 30% marks in English.
- The candidate must have obtained a pass percentage in subjects individually including vernacular.
- The candidates should have obtained 17 years as on 31.12.2012 and there is no upper age limit.
- The upper age limit for Marine engineering is 25 years as on 31.07.2012
- The candidates desiring to take admission in state medical engineering and medical colleges must be a resident of west Bengal for at least 10 years as on 31.12.2011 or their parents must be a permanent resident of west Bengal with a permanent residential address in the state of West Bengal.
JEM 2012 EXAMINATION CENTRES
Located in West Bengal & Tripura.
JEM 2012 APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- The application kit(prescribed form, brochure & envelop will be available from prescribed branches of United bank of India on payment of Rs. 500/-(for E/M type) & Rs. 600/-(for C type)
- The application kit can also be obtained by speed post by sending a DD of Rs. 700/-(for E/M type) & Rs. 800/-(for C type) drawn in favor of ‘BENGAL JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS BOARD’ payable at Howrah or Kolkata.
- After the date of application kit selling is over, it can be obtained with an extra payment of Rs. 300/-
JEM 2012 APPLICATION SENDING PROCEDURE
The application forms completed in all respects should be sent only by speed post to JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS BOARD, AQ-13/1, SECTOR-V, SALTLAKE CITY, KOLKATA-700091
COACHING INSTITUTES FOR PREPARATION OF JEM
- Pathfinder Kolkata centre
- Pathfinder bally centre
- Aakash institute phool bagan(north Kolkata)
- Aakash institute deshapriya park(south Kolkata)
- Aakash institute minto park(central Kolkata)
For further details please visit the official website:-www.wbjee.in
More Govt Jobs given below
Teacher Eligibility Test of Kerala (K-TET) Notification
Competitive Examination, to adjudge eligibility of aspirant of Lower Primary Teacher, Upper Primary Teacher & High Schools Teacher, is due in Kerala state. As you know well, after implementation of RTE Act 2009 any state of India is abided by common rule, while making appointment on teaching positions. All states have to organize separate Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), whenever teaching faculty required. Move to conduct TET was taken to improve teaching standard at primary level.
Application Stutus of MTS in ESIC Delhi 2012
As we know, ESIC New Delhi had issued a recruitment notification for the post of Upper Division Clerks (UDC) and Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in the Pay Band Rs.5200 to 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.Rs.2400 and Rs.1800 respectively. The total vacancies for both the posts were 204, Out of which 137 for Upper Division Clerk (UDC) and 67 for Multi Tasking Staff (MTS). Well,
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam 2012 Exam Schedule
Jharkhand Public service Commission (JPSC) has just announced the Exam Schedule for the Mains Exam of 4th Combined Civil Services. Candidates who have qualified in the Preliminary Test (PT) and obviously applied for this Examination and eligible to appear in this mains written exam can know the Exam schedule through the weblink given below –
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Schedule
This main written examination will be started from 25/05/2012 and it will end on 15/06/2012.
HPSSSB Clerk Exam 2012
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Board (HPSSSB) has just released a notification to find out roll number and Exam centre for the written examination of Clerk 2012. Candidates who have applied for this post and waiting for knowing examination schedule, roll number and centre of exam etc may know it after clicking the web link provided for this purpose like this —
HPSSSB Roll number and Centre of exam for the post of Clerk
Interested Candidates who have applied for this post and wanting to know the schedule,
HP State Combined Pre-Medical Entrance Test Notification
An announcement about HPCPMET 2012 has been made by HP University. As you know well that HPCPMET is common entrance test, which is organiesed every year for choosing eligible candidates for taking Admission in MBBS & BDS courses in Govt. Colleges and Private colleges of HP State. This year HPCPMET will be organised on 25th May 2012. Regrading HPCPMET 2012, applications are invited from Those who are between 17 to 25 years of age and completed 12th with PCB.