Q. What is KBAT?
A: BTFS is an acronym of Biotechnology Finishing Schools. There are twelve BTFS and these are located in Karnataka. These schools conduct a Post Graduate Diploma in technology. This is a course which makes the candidates capable enough to grab a opportunity in the industry. To take up this course candidates have to appear for an entrance test. The test is called Karnataka Biotechnology Aptitude Test (KBAT). The test is conducted online. Candidates who will qualify in the examination will get admission to the course and will be groomed well for the industry.
Q. Who can apply?
A: Following is the Eligibility List –
- Candidates must hold a Post Graduate Degree from Universities of the State or any other University recognized as equivalent in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or any other life science related courses.
- Candidates with Bachelor in Engineering / Bachelor in Technology, Pharmacy, Agriculture, Veterinary, Biotechnology, MBBS and BDS are also eligible
- Candidates must have secured minimum of 50% marks in their Post Graduation.
Q. What is the pattern of KBAT?
A: KBAT is an online test. The test is common to all BTFS courses. The pattern of KBAT goes like this –
- Question paper will have objective type questions
- Time allowed for the test will be 100 minutes
- All total there will be 100 questions
- 1 mark is allotted for each correct answer
- There is a penalty for wrong answer. Penalty for different answers will have different weights
|Category||Number of Questions|
Q. How to apply?
A: Candidates have to follow the below instructions –
- Candidates have to make payment through NEFT – National Electronics Funds Transfer
- The nearest bank will help the candidates about the procedure
- Candidates have to pay the requisite amount to the bank
- The details of the payment using NEFT are given in the official website