Kinnaur is a hill station in Himachal Pradesh. This is a beautiful place having stock of natural sceneries. Kinnaur is situated among high altitude valleys, towering peaks, fastly flowing rivers and glaciers.
This is a district town. Here is no major urban population and centre. Kinnaur district is populated with approximately 75 villages. Kinnaur is located in the east-northern corner of Himachal Pradesh and it was remote area. But now it is gradually being urbanised.
Its main attraction is natural beauty. River Sutlej passes by this town and the township is situated on the right bank of this river. Kinnaur is set on three mountain ranges i.e. zanskar, Dhauladhar and Greater Himalaya. So its natural beauty becomes striking . Sutlej valley enhances its beauty.
People of this area are very religious and simple. In almost every village here is Gompa or temple. Inhabitants of the villages are called Kinner, which means half God and half man.
How to reach: –
1. The nearest Railway station is at Kalka. Then narrow gauge is from Kalka to Shimla.
2.The nearest Airpot is at Shimla, which is about 200 kms away from Kinnaur.
3. Kinnaur is well connected to Shimla through N.H. 22. fROM Rampur and Shimla bUses, jeeps and taxies are available.
Hotels, their phone numbers and average rates:-
Baspa G.H., Sangla — 01786-2206 — Rs. 100-150
Fair land G.H., Peo — 01786-2477 — Rs. 200-250
Rangeen, Peo — 01786- Rs. 24-150
Shivling view G.H.PEO — 01786-2421 —Rs. 200.
Snow View, Peo — 01786-2048 — Rs. 25-200
Places worth visiting:-
Bhimkali temple: –
This temple is is locared at Sarhan. This temple belongs to Goddess Bhimkali. In the temple complex there are many idols like Shiv-Parvati, Ganesha, Annapuna, Brajeshwari and Buddha. This is a pilgrim place for Hindues and Boddh both. The architecture of this temple is very attractive.
Other locations worth visiting : –
More Govt Jobs given below
- Balmer Lawrie Recruitment 2018
- Post – Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager, Head (Marketing and Demand Creation), Senior Manager, Senior Manager
- Total no. of Vacancy – 5 Posts
- Eligibility – graduate
- Last Date – 30 Jul, 2018
- Location – Maharashtra
- Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Junior Engineer- Electrical
- Total no. of Vacancy – 38 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 26550
- Eligibility – b tech
- Last Date – 06 Aug, 2018
- Location – Gujarat
- West Bengal Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018
- Post – Motor Vehicles Inspector
- Total no. of Vacancy –
- Nausena Bharti Recruitment 2018
- Post – Tradesman Mate, Multi Tasking Staff (Ministerial), Lascar-I, Multi Tasking Staff – Mali, Cook, Telephone Operator
- Total no. of Vacancy – 59 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 19,900-63,200
- Eligibility – 10th,
- Airports Authority India Recruitment 2018
- Post – Manager, Junior Executive
- Total no. of Vacancy – 908 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 60000 – 180000
- Eligibility – b tech,