Mandi is a magnificent hill station situated on the bank of river Beas and Suketi in Himachal Pradesh. It is an important historical, religious and cultural centre of the state. Madi is believed to be one of the holiest city in Himachal Pradesh. Here are 81 consecutively carved temples. It is called as ‘Varanasi of hills’. Here are many famous temple like Temple of Panchvakra, Arddhnarishwar, Bhutnath, Triloknath, etc.
Previously it was princely state named Mandi and Suket. Mandi was set in 1278 by Sen of Sena dynasty. It was also a large commercial centre. Mandi is also related with Saint Mandava. It is believed that he meditated here.
Because of its beauty, religious importance huge number of tourists travel here. It is also famous site for angling and trekking.
It is situated at the distance of 62 kms from Dharamshala.
HOW TO REACH
1. The nearest airport is at Bhuntur, which is 59 kms away from Mandi. From here taxies are available up to Mandi.
2. Jogindernagar is the nearest narrow gauge railway station from. Nearby broad gauge railway station is at Pathankot 210 kms away from Mandi.
3. Mandi is well connected by road with alnost everywhere in Himachal Pradesh. From Chandigarh there is regular Bus service and time taken in traveling from Chandigarh to Mandi is about 6 hours.
Name of some hotels, addresses and rates:-
Rate Average daily
Hotel valley view
Between Sundarvan and
Rs. 2000 onwards
Rs. 1800 onwards
Rs, 1200 onwards
River Bank Hotel
Near Indira Market, Mandi
WHAT TO SEE
This temple was built in the shikara style of structure. It isalso dedicated to five faced image of Lord Shiva. Archeological Survey of India has taken over this temple and and declared it a national heritage.
This temple is related to Lord Shiva. Shivratri festival of this temple is very famous. Shivratri is celebrated in the month of March. People of the whole city and outside participate in this festival. This temple was built by Raja Ajber Sen in 1527. This temple is situated in the mid of Mandi town.
This temple is also dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is famous for three faced Lord Shiva image. People also worshipped here also idols of Narda and Sharda with main deity (Lord Shiva) of the temple. This temple is also famous for its architecture. This temple is situated in Pathankot-Mandi national highway. This was built by Sultan Devi , queen of Raja Ajber Sen in 1520 A.D.
SITES AROUND MANDI
This is very important destination around Mandi. Here is a sacred lake. This is equally sacred to Sikhs, Hindus and Buddhists. A temple, a Gurudwara and a Buddhist monastery are built on the bank of this lake.
It is believed that from here a Buddhist preacher Padma Sambhav went to
This is a very famous and calm lake is situated near Baghi village on a mountain. It is also surrounded by mountains. It is said that Parashar has meditated here. Here is a three storied pagoda like temple is built. It was built by Raja Ban Sen of Mandi in fourteenth century. This place is situated at the distance of 40 kms from Mandi.
This is a beautiful town and famous for beautiful scenes. Here are also temples of Mahyama and Sukhdev Vatika.
This place is famous for a large hydro-electric project.
This is a beautiful hill station. In 19th century British built up this place. Kasauli, near Mandi, is covered with pine forests, high hill of Himalayas and orchards.
Near Mandi this is a spectacular place. Situated on mountain ranges this place is covered by dense pine forest. This place is also famous for ‘Choordhar peak’ or ‘Choor chandi’. This hill peak looks majestic in the moonlight and also named as ‘mountains of silver bangle’.
This is a well known place near Mandi for the outdoor adventurous sports as trekking and angling. There is a perfect trek route surrounded by dense forests from Kullu to Barot. Here is a trout breeding centre which attracts fishing and angling.
A wildlife sanctuary named Nargu is also nearby situated. Tourists, who come to Mandi can visit and enjoy. In this sanctuary, there are varieties of pheasants, Ghorasl, Himalayan Black bear, etc.
Here is a trek route through Barot to Kullu. This is 40 kms away from Mandi. This route is among lush green forest of pines.
At Trout breeding centre, Mandi tourists can go for fishing and angling.
Mandi is well known place for stone carving and silver jewelry. One can buy it at reasonable price from the shop owned by state government.
More Govt Jobs given below
- Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Technician (Drilling), Foreman (Drilling), Assistant (HR), Assistant (Materials), Assistant (Accounts), Machinist
- Total no. of Vacancy – 145 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 20200 – 49300
- Eligibility –
- Madhya Pradesh Public Health Engineering Department Recruitment 2018
- Post – Chemist, Laboratory Assistant
- Total no. of Vacancy – 16 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 15000
- Eligibility – 12th, b sc
- Last Date – 10 Aug, 2018
- Location – Madhya Pradesh
GGRC, Gujarat Junior Officer (Field Operations) recruitment Application form Download July 2018 – 7 Posts
- Gujarat Green Revolution Company Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Junior Officer (Field Operations), Junior Officer (Technical), Software Engineer, System Engineer
- Total no. of Vacancy – 10 Posts
- Eligibility – post graduate, b tech, m tech, bsc agriculture
- Last Date – 27 Jul,
- Brahmaputra Cracker & Polymer Limited Recruitment 2018
- Post – Operator (Chemical) , Foreman, Operator (Fire), Technician (Electrical & Mechanical)
- Total no. of Vacancy – 19 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 14000
- Eligibility – 10th, 12th, b sc, iti, diploma
- Last Date –
- National Research Centre on Camel Recruitment 2018
- Post – Supervisor
- Total no. of Vacancy – 6 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 11500
- Eligibility – 12th
- Date of Interview – 28 July 2018 at 11.00 AM
- Location – Rajasthan