HIGH COURT OF ORISSA, CUTTACK
Advertisement Number: 3/2011
Last date: 24/09/2011
Orissa High Court Recruitment District Judge September 2011
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens by High Court of Orissa, Cuttack for the post of District Judge. Eligible candidates are therefore informed that they must submit their application forms on or before 24/09/2011 along with their application fees that are mentioned below. If candidates found submitting their false statement then their applications will liable for rejection. Details regarding post are mentioned below:
1) Name of the Post: District Judge
Age: Not less than 35 years or more than 45 years as on 01/08/2011
Pay Scale: Rs 51,550 – 1,230 – 58,930 – 1,380 – 63,070 + D.A and other allowances.
Qualification: Graduate Degree in Law from a recognized University or Government Institution along with an experience of practice as an advocate at least seven years.
• Applicant must be a citizen of India.
• Essential that applicant should be able to speak, read and write in Oriya.
• Probation period will be of two years which may be further increased on recommendation of High Court.
• If any men or women has one more than one wife or husband in their life then they will be disqualified for the appointment.
• Applicant will not be liable for an appointment if he or she has not passed a test in Oriya equal to Middle School Standard.
There will be a written examination consisting of two papers Paper I & II (100 marks each) having duration of two hours.
• Paper I – Code of Civil Procedure (30 marks), Personal Law (30 marks), Transfer of Property Act, Specific Relief Act, Limitation Act, Law of Contract, Orissa Consolidation of Holding and Prevention of Fragmentation of Land Act, O.E.A Act, Orissa Land Reforms Act and Law of Motor Accident Claim (40 marks)
• Paper II – Code of Criminal Procedure (30 marks), Indian Penal Code (30 marks), Indian Evidence Act (30 marks), N.D.Ps Act, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, Prevention of Corruption Act, Essential Commodities Act, Environment Protection Act, Water Act & SC / ST Act, 1989 (10 marks)
Interview consisting of 30 marks.
Candidates must pay an application fees of Rs 250/- by Bank Draft in favour of The Registrar, Orissa High Court, Cuttack payable at S.B.I Cuttack (Main Branch).
Application fees are not refundable.
How to Apply:
• Candidates must submit their original certificates copies duly attested by the Gazetted Officer along with an application fees.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
• Three passport size photographs self attested on its face.
• Certificates of Character from two Gazetted Officers.
• Two self addressed envelopes with stamp by Speed / Registered Post.
• Certificates from an authority for proof of passing Oriya Middle School Standard.
• Incomplete form will be disqualified.
Candidates must send their application form along with application fees to The Registrar, Orissa High Court, Cuttack on or before 24/09/2011.
• T.A will not be allowed to any candidates
• During an interview the candidates must produce their Original Certificate for verification.
• List of eligible candidates will be published in Court’s website.
Official Website: www.orissahighcourt.nic.in