PMUET – Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test
The aspirant who wants to join their Bachelor Degree Courses in the field of Engineering/ Technology and Architechture can appear in the test named PMUET – Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test conducted by the Periyar Maniammai University itself. It is one of the leading universities of India that has excellent infrastructure and teaching facilities.
PMUET 2012– Eligibility Criteria
The following conditions need to be filled for writing the PMUT:
- Applicant must have cleared the board examination of class 12 securing at least 50% and above marks from the recognized board.
- Appearing candidates of class 12 final examination can also apply for the examination and they must clear the exam with minimum criteria i.e. 50 % marks.
- The reserved category candidates need to secure 45% marks in their board examination for writing the examination.
- All the applicants must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12.
Pattern of PMUET Entrance Examination:
- The paper pattern of PMUET 2012 exam Entrance Examination will be dispatched on the official website very soon.
- Applicants are advised to keep visiting the official website for knowing the paper pattern. The exam is expected to be based on the class 12th standard syllabus along with the subjects like physics, chemistry and Math.
- All candidates are advised to prepare according to the syllabus and exam pattern.
PMUET 2012- B Tech Courses Offered
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
Preparation Tips for the PMUET 2012:
Time Management – Managing time is the best thing to clear any examination, the applicants must manage their time in such a manner so that they can cover the entire syllabus and can also concentrate on each subjects.
Practice – Lots of practice will help the applicants to get ease with the subjects, the applicants must practice the subjects which they feels tough.
Test Papers – Solve the test papers, sample papers, previous exam papers and try to get accustomed with the question patterns of PMUET.
Group Study – Group study sometimes helps the candidates to gather knowledge.
Negative Marking – Keep this in mind that these competitive exams do have negative marking most of the time so attempt only question for which you are very sure.
All the BEST!
PMUET 2012- Entrance test centres
- New Delhi,
PMUET 2012– How to apply
· Online Application
- The applicants apply for the examination online from the official website at www.pmu.edu
- The applicants must keep their digital photo and signature ready as they are required to upload their photo and signature as per the provided instructions on the site.
- Applicants are required to take printout of the application form from the official website. This printed application form should be send via mail to the concerned address along with the DD (Demand Draft) and other required documents. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of the “Registrar, Periyar Maniammai University” payable at Thanjavur.
· Offline method
- Applicants can purchase the admission form by making payment of Rs 750/- (for SC/ST candidates Rs 500/-) at all head post offices in Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates can send in the completely filled application along with DD and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
- The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of the “Registrar, Periyar Maniammai University” payable at Thanjavur.
The completely filled application forms should be submitted at the following address.
Periyar Maniammai University,
PMUET 2012– Important Dates
Issue of application forms (B.Tech/B.Arch): By LAst week of March, 2012
Last date for sending filled-in application (B.Tech/B.Arch): By first week of May, 2011
Date of entrance test (B.Tech): By fourth week of May, 2012
PMUET 2012– How and where to get the results
Candidates can visit the official website of the university at www.pmu.edu for viewing the results.
PMUET 2012– Contact Address
Periyar Community College of Continuing Education,
Near New Bus stand,