Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Sample Paper – 2012
Class – X
Subject – Chemistry
- What will be when magnesium ribbon burns in air?
- Why does the colour of copper sulphate solution change when an iron nail is dipped in it?
- Write the conditions, when do you say that a chemical reaction has taken place?
- What do you mean by chemicalequation?
- Why decompotion reactions are called the opposite of combination reactions?
- What are redox reactions? Give examples.
- Why do we balance a chemical equation?
- What is hit and trial method of balancing chemical equation?
- What does the word “aq” represent in a chemical equation?
- What actually happen during a chemical reaction?
- Why water starts boiling if lime is added to it.
- The glucose combines with oxygen in our body cells and provides energy. What is the special name of this reaction?
- Is lime natural or man-made substance? Why? , Give one use of it.
- Why during electrolysis of water some drops of sulphuric acid is added.
- In what ratio of hydrogen and oxygen formed during electrolysis of water and why?
- Why silver chloride does is stored in dark coloured bottles.
- What do you mean by recipitates?
- A reddish brown element X on heating converted into a black coloured compound Y. Give interconversion reaction of X and Y.
- What is rancidity? Mention four methods to slow down it.
- What does a complete chemical reaction represent?
- What do you mean by oxidation-reduction reaction. Give an example to explain this.
- Write the definition of antioxidants?
23. What happens when: Write the chemical balance equation
a. Hydrogen gas combines with nitrogen to form ammonia.
b. Potassium metal reacts with water to give potassium hydroxide and hydrogen gas.
c. Barium chloride reacts with aluminum sulphate to give aluminum chloride and a precipitate of barium sulphate.
d. Hydrogen sulphide gas burns in air to give water and sulphur dioxide.
24. Write balanced chemical equation for all the above.
a. BaCl2 + H2SO4à BaSO4 + HCl
b. NaCl + AgNO3àAgCl + NaNO3
c. NaOH + H2SO4à Na2SO4 + H20
d. HNO3 + Ca(OH)2àCa(NO3)2 + H20
25. Why do we use AgNO3 in black and white photography.
Sample Paper / Model Test Paper CBSE 12th 2012
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion