Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Sample Paper – 2012
Class – XII
Subject – Chemistry
1. Why are crystalline solids anisotropic in nature?
2. What is the dislocation defect better known as? What is its effect on density?
3. What is the order of radioactive decay?
4. What will be the effect of temperature on rate constant?
5. What happens when White Phosphorus is heated with conc. NaOH solution in an inert atmosphere?
6. Write the structure of 3-Bromo-2-methylpropene.
7.Write any one method of preparing benzaldehyde from Toluene.
8. Name the four bases present in DNA.
9. Silver crystallizes in an FCC lattice. The edge length of its unit cell is 4.077 x 10-8 cm and its density is 10.5 g/cm3. Calculate the atomic mass of silver?
10. Express the relation among the cell constant, the resistance of the solution in the cell and the conductivity of a solution related to its molar conductivity?
11.Statetwo features of chemical adsorption which are not found with physical adsorption?
12. Explain the role of the following:
i) Activated charcoal in gas mask.
ii) Zeolites in petroleum industry.
Explain the following terms with suitable examples:
i) Selectivity of a catalyst.
13. Give reasons:
i) PH3 is a weaker base than NH3
ii) H2O is a liquid while H2S is a gas at room temperature.
14. What is the difference in the structures of White phosphorous and Red phosphorous? How does it effect their melting point? 
15. i) How can be differentiate by chemical test between Butan-2-ol and 2-methylpropan-2-ol.
ii) Boiling point of Ethers are lower than their isomeric alcohols.Explain
16. o-Nitrophenol is steam volatile while p-Nitrophenol is not .Explain with diagram.
17. Account for the following (any two) :
i) Ethylamine is soluble in water whereas Aniline is not.
ii) Diazonium salts of aromatic amines are more stable than those of Aliphatic amines .
iii) pKb of aniline is more than that of methyl amine.
18. Write short notes on the following :
i) Carbylamine reaction
ii) Gabriel phthalimide synthesis.
19. Calculate the cell emf and ΔG for the cell reaction at 250 C for the cell:
Zn(s)| Zn2+ (0.0004 M) || Cd2+ (0.2 M)| Cd (s)
E0 values at 250C , Zn2+/ Zn = -0.763 V, Cd2+ |Cd = -0.403 V
F = 96500 C mol-1, R = 8.314 J K-1 mol-1.
Sample Paper / model Test Paper for CBSE 12th 2012
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion