Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Sample Paper – 2012
Class – XII
Subject – Economics
1. Describe the likely behavior total product and marginal product when for increasing production only one inkpot is increased while all other inputs are kept constant.
- What is difference between an inferior good and a normal good? Define the effect of change in income on each giving suitable examples.
- What do you mean by consumer’s equilibrium? Define the conditions of consumer’s equilibrium assuming that the consumer consumes only two goods.
- A consumer buys 100 units of a good at a price of Rs. 5 per unit. When price changes he buys 140 units. What is the price if price elasticity of demand is – 2?
- What is increasing returns to a factor and increasing returns to scale? Explain with suitable reason.
5. Draw a suitable diagram and show the following diagram on it.
- Economic growth
- Under utilization of resources.
- Full employment of resources
- What is the causes of shift in a demand?
- Write the explanation about law of demand? Explain with the help of a demand schedule.
- Calculate the price elasticity of demand for a commodity when its price increases by 25% and quantity demands falls from 150 units to 120 units.
- How does the nature of a commodity influence its price elasticity of demand?
- How can be differentiated between macro economics and Micro?
- Write the definition of saturation point.
- What is AP falls? What is relation between AP and MP?
- A rise in the price of a good result in an increase in expenditure on it. Is its demand elastic and inelastic?
- How can we define change in demand? Explain.
- What is the solution of an economic problem?