Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Sample Paper – 2012
Class – XI
Subject – Biology
Section – A
01. Expand ICBN and ICZN.
02. What are phanerogams? What is the other name for them?
03. The term “cell is actually a misnomer”. Explain it in one sentence.
04. Why is the spleen known as blood bank?
05. Why slime moulds are called as fungus-animals?
06. Which hormone is known as an immunosuppressive and a stress hormone?
07. Name the enzyme secreted by the digestive system of a man to digest proteins in acidic and alkaline
08. What are liverworts? Why are they so called?
Section – B
09. What is GERL system? Give two functions of the related cell organelle?
10. What is a palindromic region of DNA? The adenine in a DNA molecule is 20%, Find out the amount
of guanine in this DNA.
11. A nerve cell releases 36 ATPs whereas a kidney cell releases 38 ATPs by complete oxidation of one
gram mole of glucose. Explain why it is so?
12. What is fungi imperfecti? Give out line classification of kingdom fungi.
13. Give the botanical name of a plant of family fabaceae. Show the floral formula and floral diagram of
the same plant.
14. Name any one cranial nerve that controls eye ball movement. Is this nerve a sensory, a motor or a
mixed one? Give the total number of pairs of motor and sensory nerves in a human being.
15. Give the names of the three forms of the thalamus or floral insertion in the same order as depicted
in the following diagrams giving one example of each type.
16. Describe the functions of the endoplasmic reticulum.
17. Draw the erythrocytic cycle of malarial parasite in a human being.
What is the basis of division of protozoan protists? Give names of all groups of protozoan protest
with basic structure of each.
18. Identify the following animal and give the zoological name and phylum of this animal. Give two
unique feature of the phylum it belongs to..
Section – C
19. What is synapse? Explain how nerve impulse is transmitted across a synapse?
20. Describe the induced-fit hypothesis for mode of enzyme action. Pepsinogen, a proteinase enzyme of
stomach is an exoenzyme or an endoenzyme? How sulfa drugs help in inhibition of bacterial growth.
21. What is meant by biological nitrogen fixation? Explain the process of biological nitrogen fixation.
Give role of leghemoglobin in nitrogen fixation.
22. In most plants the terminal bud suppresses the development of nearby lateral buds. What is this
phenomenon called as? Name the phytohormone that can promote this phenomenon. Name a
gaseous plant hormone and mention its three different actions on plants.
23. The following diagram shows CO2 assimilation in sugarcane leaves. Name the components
marked as 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the diagram. Why this plant is said to have dimorphic chloroplasts.
24. What are tidal volume and vital capacity? List any two categories of people which possess higher
25. Give the full form of ADH. Name the gland that secretes it. It is released under what condition of the
body? What is its role in forming hypertonic urine? What is the disease caused due to the failure of
26. Name and explain three phases of Calvin cycle. Where does this cycle takes place in a cell.
27. Give outline classification of chordates with example of each major group. Give two diagnostic
characters of chordata.
Give outline classification of plant kingdom with examples of each major group. Give two
diagnostic characters of gymnosperms.
Section – D
28. What are the two heart sounds? How are these sounds produced? What is the function of chordae
tendineae in a heart? Why right ventricular wall is thinner than the left ventricular wall?
What is ascent of sap? Give the most acceptable theory of ascent of sap in higher plants.
29. (i) Following is a diagram of a monocot leaf. Identify the components marked as 1 and 2. Give
one function of each of these components.
(ii) Draw the T.S. of a dried mammalian bone.
(iii) What is cork cambium? Give the name of a tissue formed by cork cambium.
Draw a well labeled diagram of digestive system of an earthworm. What is the role of gizzard and
typhlosole in digestive system of an earthworm?
30. (i) Every time fertilization occurs, the chromosome number is doubled. Yet the chromosome number
of a species remains constant. Comment upon it.
(ii) Describe the sequence of the events in meiosis I. What are the special events of homologous
chromosomes during meiosis?
(iii) A cell has 10 metacentric, 10 acrocentric.10 submetacentic and 10 telocentric chromosomes.
Give number of V and I shape chromatids in anaphase of same cell.
The two lamellar model can not explain the permeability of plasma membrane and passing of
water through it. How is it explained by the fluid mosaic model?
Give the name and draw the structure of a cell organelle that has double unit membrane.
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion