ICSE 11th Board 2012 Sample Paper Social Science
Sample Paper – 2012
Subject – Social Scienc
Class – XI
- What are the two main types of heritage?
- Where is the statue of Gomteshwar situated?
- What Kind of Musical Instrument is Sarangi? Name the language in which Valmiki composed the Ramayana
- Write a brief description on Indian Classical Music.
- Write a short note on colonial heritage.
- What is conservation of lakes and tanks necessary?
- What is the role of people in the preservation of heritage? Explain
- How is soil formed?
- What is railway so important now a day?
- What do you mean by transport?
- Why is the iron and steel industry located in peninsularIndiaonly?
- Describe the method to control environmental degradation.
- Distinguish between Natural gas and Bio – gas.
- Describe replenish able ground water resources ofIndia.
- Distinguish between Rabi and Kharif crops.
- Study the given outline map ofIndiaand identify the features represented by A, B, C and D and write their correct names on the marked place on the map.
- On the given outline map of India mark the following
- Area of Black Soil
- Mountainous Soil (Arunachal Pradesh)
- When is the world consumers rights day celebrated?
- Why is there a need to regulate prices?
- Name any two types of economies.
- Why was the national Minority commission been set up?
- What is the meaning of non – alignment with reference toIndia’s foreign policy
- Why is sustainable economic development necessary for economic growth?
- Why is literacy essential for human development?
- When has N.C.C been formed (started) ?
- What are accidents due to Radiations?
- What is the benefit by preparing map on disaster management?
- What is the function of public Switch Telephone Network?
- Give full forms of the following abbreviations:
- MCC, NSCN, KNA, PWG, UNF, ATTF.
- Describe six fundamental Rights.
- How does the economic condition of people deteriorate during drought?
- What is the meaning of Tsunami? What are Tsunami waves?
- In the given outline map of India show the following temples.i) Dilwara templeii) Kamakhya temple
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion