ICSE 11th Board 2012 Sample Paper Social Science
Sample Paper – 2012
Subject – Social Scienc
Class – XI
- What are the two main types of heritage?
- Where is the statue of Gomteshwar situated?
- What Kind of Musical Instrument is Sarangi? Name the language in which Valmiki composed the Ramayana
- Write a brief description on Indian Classical Music.
- Write a short note on colonial heritage.
- What is conservation of lakes and tanks necessary?
- What is the role of people in the preservation of heritage? Explain
- How is soil formed?
- What is railway so important now a day?
- What do you mean by transport?
- Why is the iron and steel industry located in peninsularIndiaonly?
- Describe the method to control environmental degradation.
- Distinguish between Natural gas and Bio – gas.
- Describe replenish able ground water resources ofIndia.
- Distinguish between Rabi and Kharif crops.
- Study the given outline map ofIndiaand identify the features represented by A, B, C and D and write their correct names on the marked place on the map.
- On the given outline map of India mark the following
- Area of Black Soil
- Mountainous Soil (Arunachal Pradesh)
- When is the world consumers rights day celebrated?
- Why is there a need to regulate prices?
- Name any two types of economies.
- Why was the national Minority commission been set up?
- What is the meaning of non – alignment with reference toIndia’s foreign policy
- Why is sustainable economic development necessary for economic growth?
- Why is literacy essential for human development?
- When has N.C.C been formed (started) ?
- What are accidents due to Radiations?
- What is the benefit by preparing map on disaster management?
- What is the function of public Switch Telephone Network?
- Give full forms of the following abbreviations:
- MCC, NSCN, KNA, PWG, UNF, ATTF.
- Describe six fundamental Rights.
- How does the economic condition of people deteriorate during drought?
- What is the meaning of Tsunami? What are Tsunami waves?
- In the given outline map of India show the following temples.i) Dilwara templeii) Kamakhya temple