ICSE 11th Board 2012 Sample Paper Science
Sample Paper – 2012
Subject – Science
Class – XI
- What is the SI unit of potential difference? (Answer in one word or in one sentence)
- Write the chemical formula of quicklime?
- Write the chemical formula of methyl alcohol.
- Name the organization which looks after the space programme inIndia.
- What is efflorescence? Name one compound which shows efflorescence.
- Find the power of a concave lens of focal length 2 m.
- Write the names of two metals which do not react with oxygen.
Why is sulphuric acid known as the King of Chemicals?
- Distinguish between natural and artificial satellites.
- What is thermite reaction? Write the chemical reaction and give one use
- Mention any two advantages and disadvantages of procuding hydroelectricity by building dams on rivers
Mention the nature of image formed in simple Microscope. Write the expression for its magnification.
- What is meant by denaturated alcohol? How is it prepared?
- What do you mean by total internal reflection of light? Write two conditions for it.
- How much current will an electric heater draw from 220 volt mains, if the resistance of the heater (when hot) is 50 ohms?
- Give the names of the following functions groups:
i. – CHO ii. CO iii. – COOH 15. i. What are shortcircuiting and overloading in an electric supply? Explain ii. Illustrate the action of an electric fuse.
Distinguish between nuclear fission and fusion
- Name an important ore of aluminum. By which process is this ore concentrated? How is aluminium extracted from this concentrated ore? Give equation.
Write the chemical formula of hematite. Write the chemical reactions that take place in the blast furnace for the extraction of iron from hematite.
- Write the full name of CFC
- By what names are the medallion factors known which the carries of hereditary information are?
- Write any two differences between aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
- What do you understand by self – pollination and cross pollination? Illustrate with examples.
- What is acid rain? Write any two harmful effects of acid rain.
- What is Blood – group? What do you understand by universal donor and universal acceptor?
- Draw a neat and labeled diagram of neuron. (Description is not necessary)
- In how many steps does the process of Photosynthesis take place? Explain
What do you understand by nutrition? Explain various types of nutrition with example.
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion