SAMPLE PAPER AIR FORCE – ENTER TECHNICAL GROUP ‘X’ EXAMINATION
SUBJECT – ENGLISH
Directions (1-4): Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it in the context of the passage.
The Kullu Dussehra of Himachal has not only maintained its identity, it is still going strong. The Dussehra celebrations in Kullu begin when they conclude in other parts of the country. Another difference is the absence of burning of effigies of Ravana, Kumbhkaran and Meghnath. Dussehra in Kullu begins on ‘Vijay Dashmi’ and continues for seven days, its history dates back to the 17th century when local King Jagat Singh installed an idol of Raghunath on his throne as a mark of penance. After this, god Raghunath was declared as the rulling deity of the Valley. On the first day, Lord Raghunath’s idol, saddled on a chariot and attended by village gods mounted in palanquins, is pulled from its fixed place in Dhalpur ground to another spot by big ropes, Locals regard the pulling of ropes scared and turn out in big numbers.
1. King Jagat Singh installed an idol of Raghunath on his throne to symbolize-
(a) A self punishment for his guilt (b) The respect for God
(c) Man has no existence before God (d) the better governance
2. Kullu Dussehra starts-
(a) Along with main country wide festival
(b) On the day when Dussehra in other part of the country comes to an end
(c) On the next day of Kalasthapana in the whole country
(d) None of the above
3. Kullu Dussehra lasts for-
(a) Two days (b) 5 days
(c) 7 days (d) 10 days
4. Which of the following is not true about the festival?
(a) We worship Lord Raghunath in it
(b) The festival starts from Dhalpur ground
(c) The ropes attached to the palanquin is pulled by local villages
(d) The chariot is pulled for occupational activity
5. Change the Voice-
They let us go
(a) Let us go (b) We had been let go
(c) We were let go (d) We were to let for go
6. Change the Narration-
He said, “Good-bye my friend.”
(a) He exclaimed goodbye at his friend
(b) He wished his friend good-bye
(c) He told goodbye to his friend
(d) He bade good bye to his friend
7. Synonym of ‘Convenience’ is-
(a) Alliance (b) Comfort
(c) Mercy (d) Chaste
8. Antonym of ‘Adhere’ is-
(a) Severe (b) Misfit
(c) Novice (d) Amplify
9. Spot the Mis-spelt word-
(A) Manoeuvring (b) Immature
(c) Stubborn (d) Renounce
10. Past form of ‘Cast’ is …………
11. Adjective of ‘Gas’ is …………
12. Plural of ‘Fox’ is ……………
13. Feminine of ‘Hunter’ is ………
14. Give one word for the following.
A place where water is collected and stored
15. ‘To make a mountain of a mole hill’ means-
(a) To give great importance to triffles
(b) To face reprimand
(c) To keep conversation going
(d) To reveal secret information
Direction (16-20): Fill in he blanks with the words given below-
16. What kind of ………. Artist he is?
(a) A (b) an
(c) The (d) No Article
17. ………..he a prince!
(a) Was (b) Were
(c) Has (d) Had
18. He is as talkative as a/an ………..
(a) Angel (b) lark
(c) Peacock (d) magpie
19. A place where orphans are housed is called …………
(a) Orphanage (b) crèche
(c) Dormitory (d) asylum
20. What does it mean if you dream ………. Mountains?
(a) For (b) upon
(c) Around (d) about
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:-
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion