SAMPLE PAPER ENGLISH AIR FORCE ENTER TECHNICAL GROUP ‘X’
Directions (1-4): Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it in the context of the passage.
Last week, Maqbool Fida Hussain celebrated his 94th birthday not in his beloved Mumbai but in Manhattan where at an auction one of his paintings had just fetched $ 5,82,500 (about Rs 3 crore), or almost double the expected price. For an artist known for his love of extravaganza, the festivities were low key. He relished Indian delicacies, danced to the tunes of Hindi film song and played the prankster. Along the way, he let it be known, ever so discreetly, that he longed to come home.
The discretion is not hard to explain. The Indian government shows no signs of lifting a little finger to protect the life, freedom and dignity of one of its most accomplished citizens.
1. What was the expected price of the painting sold some days back?
(a) Rs. 3 Crore (b) Rs. 1.5 Crore
(c) Rs One Crore (d) Not clear from the passage
2. The basic theme of MF’s paintings has been-
(a) Immortal love (b) immoral love
(c) Love in a higher degree (d) showing love but actually
3. What is false regarding MF Hussain?
(a) He has no love left for the country
(b) He is a 94 year old painter, who is appreciated in many parts of the words
(c) He is a wealthy man
(d) He portrayed Indian-ness in his birthday party
4. What special did the author notice regarding his Manhattan birthday party?
(a) Here a Hindi Song was played in place of English Songs
(b) The party lacked the Indian delicacies
(c) The flow of money was apparent
(d) The painter is very eager to return home
5. Spot the mi-spelt word-
(a) Stubborn (b) Submissive (c) Supersede (d) Transient
6. Change the Voice of the following-
I see a film
(a) A film sees by me (b) A film is seen to me
(c) A film is shown to me (d) a film is seen by me
7. Change the Narration-
I wonder, “When will the plane leave?”
(a) I wondered that when would the plane leave
(b) I wondered that when the plane would leave
(c) I wonder when the plane will leave
(d) I wonder when the plane would leave
8. Choose appropriate Synonym for the given words.
(a) Associate (b) Finish (c) Refrain (d) Demure
9. Choose appropriate Antonyms for the given words.
(a) Befriend (b) Disruption (c) Coherence (d) Inability
10. ‘To pay lip service’ means-
(a) To face reprimand (b) To show only outward respect
(c) To make a futile search (d) A talent of speaking
11. Feminine of ‘Lion’ is ………………
12. Plural of ‘Spy’ is ………………
13. Past Participle of ‘Weave’ is ………….
14. Adjective of ‘Variety’ is ………………
15. Give one word for the following expression-
List of courses of meal or of dishes that can be served in a restaurant
Directions (16-20): Fill in the blanks with the words given below-
16. Goats …………
(a) Caw (b) mew (c) gibber (d) bleats
17. Young ones of cat is ………………
(a) Kite (b) kitten (c) fawn (d) calf
18. A ………… of cotton is piled up.
(a) Swarm (b) shoal (c) bale (d) suit
19. He is as soft as ……………..
(a) Rubber (b) butter (c) eel (d) mule
20. I hate being laughed …………….
(a) On (b) at
(c) For (d) No preposition required
ANSWER OF THESE QUESTIONS:-
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion