SAMPLE PAPER AIR FORCE
SUBJECT – ENGLISH
Directions (1-4): Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it in the context of the passage.
Indian CEOs expect their businesses to be less affected by the crisis in the international banking system than their global counterparts. PwC’s 12th Annual Global CEO Survey found only 50% of the respondents in India saying they were likely to be affected by the credit crisis, as compared to 70% global. India has recorded the highest CEO confidence levels among emerging economies, with 70% expressing confidence about both short-tem and long-term revenue growth, compared to just 21% and 34% globally. CEOs worldwide were gloomier about longer-term growth, predicting a slow recovery. The outlook for the next 12 months was optimistic for Indian CEOs as 89% of the respondents expect to make aU-turn on investment in products or services provided, compared to 69% globally.
1. Who are called ‘respondents’ as used in the passage?
(a) Bank experts
(b) Those from whom, the opinions were sought
(c) The persons in the media conducting survey
(d) The economists who work for the survey-companies
2. CEOs around the world have the opinion-
(a) That recession will not expand world wide
(b) That the long term growth will be sharper and longer than expected
(c) That the short term growth will be sharper
(d) That world economy will recover slowly
3. Which of the following is not as outcome of the 12th Annual Global CEO survey?
(a) Credit crisis in India will be less than that world-wide
(b) Credit crisis worldwide will be greater than that in India
(c) 21 percent of the CEOs in India are sure that the revenue growth will be likely about both short term and long term revenue growth
(d) The confidence level among Indian CEOs is more than that globally
4. for the next 12 months-
(a) The return on investment will be around 89%
(b) The return on investment will be around 69%
(c) The Indian economy is expected to grow in a greater way than that globally
(d) All of the above
5. Change the Narration-
She said to her father, “I am hungry.”
(a) She told her father that he was hungry
(b) She told her father that she was hungry
(c) She told her father that she was hungried
(d) She told her father that he was hungried
6. Change the Voice-
Dinesh satisfied everyone
(a) Dinesh was satisfied by everyone
(b) It was satisfied by Dinesh
(c) It was satisfied by Dinesh as every one
(d) Everyone was satisfied with Dinesh
7. Synonym of ‘Agony’ is-
(a) Distress (b) Peace
(c) Excitation (d) Attack
8. Antonym of ‘Exploit’ is-
(a) Use (b) Utilize
(c) Victimize (d) Pamper
9. Spot the Mis-spelt word-
(a) Inclusive (b) Indifference
(c) Exaggerate (d) Taciturn
10. ‘At ones’ beck and call’ means-
(a) To be always at one’s service
(b) To befool someone
(c) To chase someone from behined
(d) To harm unfairly
11. Give one word for the following-
The original inhabitants of a country
12. Past form of ‘Sell’ is …………….
13. Plural of ‘Cliff’ is ……………….
14. Feminine of ‘Czar’ is-
Directions (15-20): Fill in the blanks with the words given below-
15. I came, I saw, I ……………..
(a) Departed (b) excelled
(c) Conquered (d) slammed
16. The way was long, the wind was ………..
(a) Cold (b) hot
(c) Dry (d) correct
17. This is ……… house that Jack built.
(a) A (b) an
(c) The (d) No Article
18. When I was bachelor, I lived ……….. Myself.
(a) To (b) through
(c) Over (d) by
19. The proceedings commenced …………… a song.
(a) By (b) with
(c) For (d) at
20. He yearns for nothing ………….. Money.
(a) And (b) for
(c) since (d) but
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:-
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion