SAMPLE PAPER/MODEL TEST PAPER
BHU ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
SUBJECT – ZOOLOGY
1. Who wrote the book “Genetics and the Origin of Species”?
(a) Devis (b) Dobzhansky (c) Julian Huxley (d) Fisher
2. Who gave the theory of “Pangenesis”?
(a) Correns (b) Darwin (c) Mendel (d) Hugo de Vries
3. In which phylum is water vascular system found:
(a) Porifera (b) Echinodermata (c) Arthopoda (d) Protozoa
4. Under certain conditions scientists have obtained cell like structures, these are known as:
(a) Prebiotists (b) prebiotic soup (c) coacervates (d) microbes
5. Who did an experiment to prove that “ The organic compounds” were the basis of life/
(a) Fox (b) Stanley Miller and Harold C.Urey
(c) Melvin (d) Darwin
6. Which one of the following was most likely to be absent in free form in the primordial atmosphere at the time of origin of life?
(a) Oxygen (b) Hydrogen (c) Echinodermata (d) Protozoa
7. Which is the correct explanatory word of the composition of protoplasm?
(a) Suspension (b) Emulsion
(c) Complex colloidal solution (d) Molecular solution
8. What is the scientific name of Jave Ape man?
(a) Homo rhodesiensis (b) Homo hedelbergensis
(c) Pithecanthropus erectus (d) pithecanthropus pekinensis
9. Proper burial of dead bodies for the first time started in which pre – historic man’s period?
(a) Peking man (b) Java man
(c) Cro – Magnon man (d) Neanderthal man
10. Who was awarded Nobel Prize for deciphering the language of honey bee?
(a) H.G. Khorana (b) K.V. Frisch
(c) C. Darwin (d) W. Harvey
11. PH of human blood is:
(a) 8 : 4 (b) 5 : 4 (c) 7 : 4 (d) 6 : 4
12. Haemoglobin is having maximum affinity with:
(a) O2 (b) NH3 (c) CO (d) CO2
13. Penetration of ovum by sperm during fertilization is done by the:
(a) centrosome (b) mitochondria (c) acrosome (d) none of these
14. Who developed the “Key for identification of animals?
(a) George cuvier (b) Goethe
(c) John Mayr (d) Theophrastus
15. What is the name of the book written by Aristotle?
(a) Histone (b) Historia Animalium
(c) Systema Naturae (d) Philosophie Zoology
16. Waste material in Amoeba is taken out by:
(a) nephron (b) vacuole (c) cytoplasm (d) plasmalemma
17. Restriction endonuclease is used in:
(a) tissue culture (b) cell fractionation
(c) regeneration of tissues (d) genetic engineering
18. Pick out the pair of essential (indispensable) amino acid:
(a) lycine and phenyl alanine (b) tryptophan glutamic acid
(c) valin and histidine (d) leucine and glycine
19. Function of spermatheca in earthworm i:
(a) fertilization (b) collection of sperms of same animals
(c) collection of sperms of other animals (d) sperm maturation
20. Which two extra cranial nerves are present in amniotes?
(a) Hypoglossal and ficial (b) Trigeminal and glossopharyngeal
(c) Laryngeal and hypoglossal (d) Spinal accessory and hypoglossal
21. Craniostylic jaw suspenson is found in:
(a) rabbit (b) flightless birds (c) limbless amphibians (d) shark
22. In which of the following eggs meroblastic cleavage occurs:
(a) Telolecithal (b) Centrolecithal (c) Isolecithal (d) Microleithal
23. Ciliated epithelium lines the:
(a) tracheal and fallopian tube (b) bile duct and ureter epithelium
(c) pharyngeal and stomach mucosae (d) trachea and oesophagus
24. How many embryonic segments fuse to form head of adult cockroach?
(a) 10 (b) 4 (c) 6 (d) 8
25. The sound reception can be interpreted by:
(a) cerebellum (b) cerebral hemisphere
(c) olfactory lobe (d) medulla oblongata
26. Mitotic fibres are present in:
(a) ampullae of semi – circular canal of internalear
(b) voluntary muscles
(c) cerebral cortex
(d) mammalian heart
27. Which of the foetal membrane is directly connected with blood?
(a) Chorion (b) Yolk sac (c) Amnion (d) Allantoic
28. Sperm penetration bring changes in ova, is:
(a) II – meiosis (b) I – meiosis
(c) formation of first polar body (d) formation of pronuclei
29. Right auricle of the mammalian heart release blood through:
(a) pulmonary aorta (b) vena cava
(c) mitral valve (d) tricuspid valve
30. Adrenal medulla is derived from:
(a) mesoderm (b) endoderm
(c) ectoderm (d) both (a) and (c)
31. If nuclear division or DNA duplication is blocked then:
(a) only one centriole will form
(b) centrosome cycle will be also be block
(c) centrosome cycle will be proceed normally
(d) none of these
32. Formation of embryosac from diploid cells of ovule is known as:
(a) amphimixis (b) apospory
(c) apogamy (d) apospory
33. Myxotrophic nutrition is found in:
(a) Chara (b) Euglena (c) mango (d) all Protozoa
34. Chloragogen cell serve for:
(a) storage of glycogen and fat
(d) both (b) and (c)
35. What are the most diversed molecules in the cell?
(a) Proteins (b) Lipids (c) Carbohydrates (d) Minerals
36. The pace – setter in the heart is called:
(a) sino aterial node
(b) Purkinje fibres
(c) artio – ventricular node (AVN)
(d) Purkinje fibers
37. Direction of replication in mitochondrial DNA will be:
(b) replication absent
(d) both (a) and (b)
38. Pepsin is activated by:
(a) trysin (b) hydrochloric acid (c) chymotrypsin (d) Pepsin
39. What are the most diversed molecules in the cell?
(a) Lipids (b) Proteins (c) Carbohydrate (d) Minerals
40. A gorilla like man has huge hands and legs this is due to abnormal secretion of:
(a) thyroid (b) Pituitary LH (c) Pituitary G H (d) Pituitary FSH
41. Amniotic egg is present:
(a) Mammals (b) reptiles (c) Hydra (d) both (b) and (c)
42. Building block of DNA are:
(a) nucleic acid (b) nucleotides
(c) nucleosomes (d) nucleosides
43. In micturition:
(a) urethra contracts
(b) ureter relaxes
(c) urethr contracts
(d) uretera relaxes
44. Maximum peptidoglycan is present in which of the cell?
(c) Gram negative bacterial cell
(d) Gram positive bacterial cell
45. Nourishment in trypnosoma is:
(a) osmotrophy (b) chemotrophy
(c) autotrophy (d) both (a) and (b)
46. In man the largest vertebra is:
(a) lumber (b) cervical
(c) caudal (d) sacral
47. Thiamine Pyrophosphate (TPP) plays an important role in the cleavage of bonds:
(a) keto group
(b) aldehyde group
(c) carbonyl group
(d) carboxylic group
48. The receptor for water soluble hormones are located on target cell surface hen for fat soluble hormones receptors are:
(a) in cytosol
(b) also on cell surface
(c) both (a) and (b)
(d) does not have cell receptor
49. Cytoplasm of amoeba Proteus not contain:
(b) ER and ribosomes
(c) ectoplasm and endoplasm
(d) endoplasm and mitochondira
50. M and N blood groups are of importance in:
(a) medicolegal tests
(b) blood transfusion
(c) both (a) and (b)
(d) none of these
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion