West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE):
The State of West Bengal has initiated an entrance examination for the aspirants who wants to take up Engineering and Medical courses for their career, and the test is known as WBJEE, which is the intialism of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination.The state is one of the important Educational Hub of India.The state provides different types of entrance examination which are the basis for getting admission into various colleges of West Bengal.The basic objective of the the test is to provide enrichment in the field of education via engineering and medical students for the betterment of the society.
The test is popular by the name of WBJEE.
Degree Courses Offered by West Bengal JEE:
The University offers a number of degree courses and there are many colleges in West Bengal who are giving admission through this test.
The offered courses are:
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering|
- Electronic electrical engineering
Eligibility Conditions for West Bengal JEE:
- The candidate must be having the citizenship of India.
- Applicants must have cleared the class 12 examination or appearing in the 12th.
- Must have to secured minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics respectively. But there is a relaxation in the marks for SC/ST candidate , they should have secured at least 40% marks.
- All the candidate must have passed in the Fifth subject
- The Board has fixed an age criteria for the applicant which is 17 (seventeen) years of age or above.
- Reservation for SC/ST/PC candidates are as per State Govt. Rules.
WBJEE Exam Pattern:
The candidate who wants to get admission in the Engineering or Medical courses they need to fill up a separate form known as E form, then only they will be able to sit for the exam having the question from the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
The examination is consisted of three particular subjects on which the questions are asked , all the three papers examination is taken on the same day as per the schedule of WBJEE , the papers are mentioned below:
Paper 1: Mathematics
Paper 2: Physics & chemistry
Paper 3: Biological sciences
- Paper 1 & Paper 2 is for those candidates who will be appearing for the Engineering and the Architecture Courses.
- Medical candidates will give the examination on paper 2 & Paper 3.
- 20% question will be having short answers type questions and 80% will be having multiple choice.
Preparation Tips for WBJEE.
- There must be a time table which should be followed everyday.
- The applicant must not lose their confidence level.
- Managing time is most important mantra for getting success in any of the examination
- Each and every subject must be given equal priority.
- Each chapter should be known to the candidate in details so that not a single important point is left out.
- The subject which you feel tough should be taken care and must practice a lot.
- Applicant must remember that all these exams do have cut off marks in each subject as such the candidates must give equal importance to every subject.
- Maximum number of test papers, sample papers, question bank should be solved to get ease with all the subjects.
- Don’t do guess works in the examination hall as because this type of exams do have negative markings.
- Practice / Revision are the best thing which an examinee can do to get better or the best result.