Yamunotry is a sacred place situated i Uttarkashi district in Uttarakhand. Here is the mythological source of holy river Yamuna. In the duration of Char Dham Yatra’ this is the first stoppage.
The real source of river Yamuna is situated on Kalind Mountain, where there is glacier named Champasar glacier and a frozen lake. It is at altitude of 4421 meters from sea level. This place is out of reach of general people. They worshiped the temple situated at the foot of hill.
HOW TO REACH?
1. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport at distance of 196 kms from Yamunotri.
2. Dehradun (172 kms) and Rishikesh(219 kms) are the nearby railway stations.
3. It is well connected by road with Daharasu (107 kms) and Tehri (107 kms).
Name of some Hotels in Yamunotri: –
- Char Dham camp,Barkot
- Hanuman Chatti – GMVN Tourist Rest House
- Syana Chatti – GMVN Tourist Rest House
- Janki Chatti – GMVN Tourist Rest House
- Tourist rest house
- Hotel Kalindi
- Himalayan Guest House
- Chauhan Tourist Lodge
WHAT TO SEE?
1. Yamunotri Temple
This temple is dedicated to Goddess Yamuna. It is situated at the height of 3235 meters. Towering Banderpoonch Mountain dominates it. It was built by Maharani Gularia of Jaipur in 19th century. The temple remains open April/May to November.
2. Divya Shila
This is a rock pillar in Yamunotri. Devotees worship this before entering in the Yamunotri temple.
3. Surya Kund
This is a hot water spring. It is formed due to volcanic heat. From this spring blistering water rises continuously. Water is so hot that one can cook rice and potato in a very few moment.
3. Sapta Rishi Kund
This kund is the original source of river Yamuna. Here is a true test of endurance to trek up to here.
This is a hot water spring.
This is the place where river Hanuman Ganga and river Yamuna converges.
Here are a spectacular scenes on the bank of river Yamuna.
Note: – The Kapat of Yamunotri and Gangotri has been opened on 16 May 2010.
More Govt Jobs given below
- Post – Deputy Marketing Manager, Assistant Marketing Manager, Company Secretary-cum-Law Officer
- Total no. of Vacancy – 3 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 24900 – 50500
- Eligibility – llb, bsc agriculture
- Last Date – 06 Sep, 2018
- Location –
- Post – Monitor
- Total no. of Vacancy – 25 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 28635
- Eligibility – graduate
- Last Date – 17 Sep, 2018
- Location – delhi
- Post – Stipendiary Trainees Category-I, Stipendiary Trainees Category-II, Security Guard, Technician/ B, Driver-cum-pump Operator-cum-fireman/ A, Upper Division Clerk
- Total no. of Vacancy – 96 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 16000 per month for the 1st year &
- Post – Assistant Manager (Finance)/JAO, Assistant Manager (Sales & Marketing), Assistant Manager (HR)
- Total no. of Vacancy – 38 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 20600 – 46500
- Eligibility – mba, ca, icwa
- Last Date –
HPCL Biofuels Limited, Bihar Seasonal Vacancy recruitment Application form Download August 2018 – 28 Posts
- Post – Seasonal Vacancy, Non Management Vacancy, Management Vacancy
- Total no. of Vacancy – 56 Posts
- Salary – Rs. 1.44 – 03.00/- Lakh (Per year)
- Eligibility – post graduate, 10th, iti
- Date of Interview – 10,